Jump to content

Indy Race already Full ?!


Recommended Posts

So register for every race between now and then.  Got it.  I'll talk with the accounting department tonight.   I'm sure it'll be just fine :S

 

Curious on the requirement for a previous race - is this because you don't want complete amateurs out there or a tech inspection need?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators

It has nothing to do with the upper class. and I understand your sarcasm. It has everything to do with us racing at Indy, and teams with the means to toss together a car, or teams that wanted nothing to do with us before the announcement, suddenly wanting to take the spots that our membership would normally take. 
I watch social media. Before the announcement... ChampCar sucks.  After the announcement... We are going to Indy!

 

  • Like 14
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Makes good sense.  I too have seen some of the criticism and find it unwarranted.  I've only been able to volunteer so far. (Car build was very slow this year - par for the course)  Even from the volunteer side it I was very impressed.  Excited you get to add an amazing track to the line up.  I would also hate to see all the spots go to teams that otherwise have no ChampCar interest.

Thanks again for all of the leg work to make Indy happen!

 

Scott

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators
16 minutes ago, Scott said:


Thanks again for all of the leg work to make Indy happen!

 

Scott

1

 

Thank Andrea and Paulie next time you see them.
Andrea did all the legwork, and Paulie made awesome videos and produces the kick-ass show that helped Indy decide to let us play in their playground.

  • Like 9
  • Thanks 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Scott said:

Makes good sense.  I too have seen some of the criticism and find it unwarranted.  I've only been able to volunteer so far. (Car build was very slow this year - par for the course)  Even from the volunteer side it I was very impressed.  Excited you get to add an amazing track to the line up.  I would also hate to see all the spots go to teams that otherwise have no ChampCar interest.

Thanks again for all of the leg work to make Indy happen!

 

Scott

 

Definitely don't thank Bill, every race I go to he is just goofing off walking around with a camera!

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Well it's likely Indy will be our first race in 2019.  We have credentials though we finished P3 at Nelson in 2018 and BTW we were on the 2017 VIR event shirt among other things.

 

Looking forward to seeing the supplemental rules to understand requirements.

2018NelsonInterview.JPG

Edited by mostmint
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Administrators

It was just our regular show and specials. 
Because if we knew that they would have been looking we would have employed our contacts at NBC Sports to put together a 1970s Sports Spectacular S-VHS highlight tape just for them.


 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On ‎9‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 11:59 AM, Bill Strong said:

It has nothing to do with the upper class. and I understand your sarcasm. It has everything to do with us racing at Indy, and teams with the means to toss together a car, or teams that wanted nothing to do with us before the announcement, suddenly wanting to take the spots that our membership would normally take. 
I watch social media. Before the announcement... ChampCar sucks.  After the announcement... We are going to Indy!

 

You Sir need to be commended for exerted forward thinking! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On ‎9‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 12:22 PM, Bill Strong said:

Registration does not open until November 1.

the car will need to have competed in a ChampCar race within the year of the event.

 

SO Bill you are saying if you build a new car and did not race in Chump this year you can not race!!! That is a bit of discrimination towards my team we have been a member for over 5 years run a hand full of races with the DRVOLKS Racing TDI Beetle in Chump/Champ program over that time. And have a Audi TT AWD build to Champ/Lemon spec and could not make the Thompson race. But some of my drivers ran Tom M miata  at Thompson and did very well. So now we are BLACK BALLED from that race!!

DRVOLKS.com   

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, TBone said:

About 15-16 posts ago, Bill said racing next year will also count. If it's before Indy. So race somewhere between now and then, and you'll be good.

 

Unless that ruling has already changed...

Well, if you race somewhere in 2019 and then sign up for Indy, you’ll be at the back of a very long waitlist...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, enginerd said:

Well, if you race somewhere in 2019 and then sign up for Indy, you’ll be at the back of a very long waitlist...

Well, if you have to race within a year of the race just to register, the pool of entrants is effectively limited to those who raced between mid-July and Nov. 1 this year. That would be unfortunate. Hopefully, we can register, and run the qualifying race later.

 

@Bill Strong, what's the plan?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...