3 hours ago, mcoppola said:

He's running for politics and practicing the art of deception. :ph34r:

Lol!  If its politics, im out.  

This is what it looks like when signed into google.

image.thumb.png.448933cd5eef0283f5667cde0edf03dc.png

I suppose I learned my first lesson of testing before posting.  When not logged in or when downloaded the file it strips the redlines.

• Like 1

Well that was a good read.  It probably even looked like I was doing some kind of work to anyone passing by my cubicle.

• Haha 4

21 minutes ago, zack_280 said:

Well that was a good read.  It probably even looked like I was doing some kind of work to anyone passing by my cubicle.

Yeah when somebody gets too close you have to be ready for the Alt-Tab switcheroo. 

• Like 2

On 10/5/2018 at 11:08 AM, Huggy said:

I think nominations have ended at this time, and I have not heard back if I made the cut or not yet.

Regardless, I am watching the release of the latest BCCR closely. 

Based on my observations, I have a few communication suggestions:

- Give the TAC more time to perform review.  Through Bill's FB posts and some other channels I understand that the time between the TAC receiving the draft and the due date for suggestions was <1 week, including the Sebring race weekend.  I have confidence that the TAC did the best job possible, but I don't think they got a fair crack if that was all the time they were allotted.

- Give Bill more time to compile.  Through his FB posts I understand his retirement has consisted of working long hours.  I think the release may have been a bit rushed between the time he got the information and the deadline for him to have the PDF completed.

- Release all of the 2019 rules at the same time (BCCR, Swap Form, Tech Form, VPI List, VPI Calculator).  Its been 5 days since the BCCR release, and the VPI List/Calculator has not been issued yet.  I'm speaking for myself here, but I would have preferred to receive the full 2019 package in one release, even if it needed to wait a week or two.  

I'll go ahead and answer this for transparency as I am on the TAC and on the BoD.  The first goal of the TAC which was formed in mid-August was to review the BCCR.  We actually pushed the date of releasing the BCCR to October 1st to give TAC more time to review those items and the VPI list.  The TAC did an awesome job at looking at items within the BCCR and making their recommendations.  We finished everything up the Thursday night before the Sebring race and sent it along for approval.  The TAC was then given another 1 week which they knew the deadline was going to be tight to look at the VPI list.  They came together and did an awesome job completing this within the week.  The BoD took a little while to approve it due to some questions on some of the values and clarifications.  Throw the PIRC race in there and that is why it was released later.  

Now that we have a TAC we have the ability to let them start preparing for the 2020 rule set.  This is an ongoing spot for those members and I am happy to say they are making our series better.  I think you're really coming down hard on us if you think we didn't allow ample time for the TAC to do their job.  We did because we pushed everything back 30 days. 

Tyler,

I don't think Chris was 'coming down hard' on anyone.  From what I've read he just said he did not know the exact timeline, but it might not have been enough for a proper review.  Based on your response it sounds like there was plenty of time for a proper review.

I also think Chris had a lot of good comments on the his redline of the 2019 BCCR.  I hope the TAC and BOD are taking time to consider his recommendations.

P.S. I'm not trying to call anyone out or point any fingers.  Just throwing in my $0.02 from the perspective of a 1 percenter on the forum.

• Like 1

On ‎10‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 10:08 AM, Huggy said:

- Release all of the 2019 rules at the same time (BCCR, Swap Form, Tech Form, VPI List, VPI Calculator).  Its been 5 days since the BCCR release, and the VPI List/Calculator has not been issued yet.  I'm speaking for myself here, but I would have preferred to receive the full 2019 package in one release, even if it needed to wait a week or two.  

That's a bit silly. If you want them all at once and you are ok with it being later, then just don't look at any of them until they are all done...

2 minutes ago, ABR-Glen said:

That's a bit silly. If you want them all at once and you are ok with it being later, then just don't look at any of them until they are all done...

I think he proposed that to try to keep the forum hysteria to a minimum.  

2 minutes ago, Racer28173 said:

I think he proposed that to try to keep the forum hysteria to a minimum.  

Sort of a "rip the whole bandaid off at once" theory? Couldn't be any worse I suppose.

1 hour ago, Crank Yankers Racing said:

I'll go ahead and answer this for transparency as I am on the TAC and on the BoD.  The first goal of the TAC which was formed in mid-August was to review the BCCR.  We actually pushed the date of releasing the BCCR to October 1st to give TAC more time to review those items and the VPI list.  The TAC did an awesome job at looking at items within the BCCR and making their recommendations.  We finished everything up the Thursday night before the Sebring race and sent it along for approval.  The TAC was then given another 1 week which they knew the deadline was going to be tight to look at the VPI list.  They came together and did an awesome job completing this within the week.  The BoD took a little while to approve it due to some questions on some of the values and clarifications.  Throw the PIRC race in there and that is why it was released later.  

Now that we have a TAC we have the ability to let them start preparing for the 2020 rule set.  This is an ongoing spot for those members and I am happy to say they are making our series better.  I think you're really coming down hard on us if you think we didn't allow ample time for the TAC to do their job.  We did because we pushed everything back 30 days. 

Hmm, sorry if I was harsh, the comments were just how I saw things.  I would think someone asking for more time for the TAC to do stuff would be seen as supportive, not critical.

29 minutes ago, ABR-Glen said:

Sort of a "rip the whole bandaid off at once" theory? Couldn't be any worse I suppose.

Yes, something like that.  Gets everyone one the same page with all the pertinent info.

Additionally, I see the VPI List, BCCR, and Swap Calculator as a "Matched Set" - It would be foolish to make decisions with only one and not the other.  I would hate for a team less experienced in the nuances of champcar legislation to pick a car or buy a mod only to see their VPI change and they could have bought a engine swap or now exceed the allowable point limit.  

• Like 1

We've both answered your question, Chris.  But let me clarify it for you.   

The decision to form a TAC wasn't made until July.  The petition as written was unacceptable for the reasons stated at the annual meeting. At the next meeting we formed, as a Board, what we wanted/needed out of a TAC in July.  Then we went out for applications and got those back in August.  Then we made the selections for the TAC in late August.  THAT is why everything was compressed.  The other alternative was to not form the TAC until 2019. 

If you get elected then you can get complained at, instead of doing the complaining haha

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Huggy said:

Hmm, sorry if I was harsh, the comments were just how I saw things.  I would think someone asking for more time for the TAC to do stuff would be seen as supportive, not critical.

Yes, something like that.  Gets everyone one the same page with all the pertinent info.

Additionally, I see the VPI List, BCCR, and Swap Calculator as a "Matched Set" - It would be foolish to make decisions with only one and not the other.  I would hate for a team less experienced in the nuances of champcar legislation to pick a car or buy a mod only to see their VPI change and they could have bought a engine swap or now exceed the allowable point limit.  

We could have waited to release the rules and everything until December 1st to give TAC ample time. Then the pitchforks would have came out about not having enough time to adjust to the new rules or build a new or change a car before Road Atlanta. It's over now and TAC gets a whole year to prep for 2020. Maybe stating "coming down hard" was an overstatement but I believe we did the best we could with the timeline. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, Jer said:

We've both answered your question, Chris.  But let me clarify it for you.   

The decision to form a TAC wasn't made until July.  The petition as written was unacceptable for the reasons stated at the annual meeting. At the next meeting we formed, as a Board, what we wanted/needed out of a TAC in July.  Then we went out for applications and got those back in August.  Then we made the selections for the TAC in late August.  THAT is why everything was compressed.  The other alternative was to not form the TAC until 2019. 

If you get elected then you can get complained at, instead of doing the complaining haha

I am not sure what question I have asked or what complaining I have done (in this thread.. there has been plenty of bitching elsewhere).

My observation regarding time restrictions was and has been confirmed by multiple TAC/BOD members.

Thanks for your hard work and time as a BOD member and for supporting this series.

5 hours ago, Crank Yankers Racing said:

We could have waited to release the rules and everything until December 1st to give TAC ample time. Then the pitchforks would have came out about not having enough time to adjust to the new rules or build a new or change a car before Road Atlanta. It's over now and TAC gets a whole year to prep for 2020. Maybe stating "coming down hard" was an overstatement but I believe we did the best we could with the timeline. 

The other alternative could have been making less changes, so that the TAC's time could have been used focusing on a few things instead of many.  The 2020 rules could have been released with the myriad of changes the TAC desired.  Its all good now though, like you said, its over now, time to prep for 2019 and enjoy racing.  

I wonder what the statistics are on "time to build" for competitive champcars?  I know it took me ~10 months to build #146, and over 2 years on #246.  I bet troy has a record for longest build on Bio 2.0.  Who has the record for quickest build to a top 10 finish or something like that?   I would be impressed at any team which can go from nothing to running racecar in 4 months.

Regardless, I look forward to what the TAC can accomplish in 2019.  Thanks for your efforts in that regard.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Huggy said:

I wonder what the statistics are on "time to build" for competitive champcars?  I know it took me ~10 months to build #146, and over 2 years on #246.  I bet troy has a record for longest build on Bio 2.0.  Who has the record for quickest build to a top 10 finish or something like that?   I would be impressed at any team which can go from nothing to running racecar in 4 months.

@red0 can add some useful data, but my memory suggests that Rbanks built a new Saab (after crashing an old one) that podiumed soon after being built.  

Edited by Racer28173

2 hours ago, Huggy said:

The other alternative could have been making less changes, so that the TAC's time could have been used focusing on a few things instead of many.  The 2020 rules could have been released with the myriad of changes the TAC desired.  Its all good now though, like you said, its over now, time to prep for 2019 and enjoy racing.  

There weren't a lot of major changes IMHO, especially in the rules.  .  The VPI table some changes and adds, but I don't feel like everything amounted to a myriad of changes.  Maybe everyone else sees it differently.  

• Thanks 1

The TAC has done much in a short time, almost too much!

8 hours ago, Huggy said:

"time to build"

Long ago, pre-first chump event, +-1yr, semi serious to build the first car, second, serious and focused took 6 months with a 6th pl on its debut.

It took the Schumacher Taxi 5 months to build our 2nd Miata, and we placed 5th at Charlotte, the same race the first Shark car mt it's demise.  :(   That 5th proved to be the best finish that car ever attained, sadly.  

10 hours ago, Racer28173 said:

@red0 can add some useful data, but my memory suggests that Rbanks built a new Saab (after crashing an old one) that podiumed soon after being built.  

That car was the Cougar Bait \ Fart Hinder Saab that raced since 2010 so it was not a fresh build. 

The 90racing.com #194 CRX that I run  for RBankracing was built in under 3 months completely from scratch though.  

50 minutes ago, red0 said:

That car was the Cougar Bait \ Fart Hinder Saab that raced since 2010 so it was not a fresh build. 

The 90racing.com #194 CRX that I run  for RBankracing was built in under 3 months completely from scratch though.  

I thought that car was the remains of the EF Civic that got wrecked?  

Either way, 3 months is impressive!

I finished up a shell swap and new roll cage for the old Scrap Attack Civic in about 100 hours of shop time. We placed third in class first time out at Portland.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Huggy said:

I thought that car was the remains of the EF Civic that got wrecked?  

Either way, 3 months is impressive!

Some of the parts were carried over (gauges / switches / engine / etc.) but it was a scratch built cage and the CRX was (I think) a rolling chassis when they started on it less than 3 months before leading some of the Road Atlanta race (but ultimately retiring with issues).

2 hours ago, enginerd said:

Some of the parts were carried over (gauges / switches / engine / etc.) but it was a scratch built cage and the CRX was (I think) a rolling chassis when they started on it less than 3 months before leading some of the Road Atlanta race (but ultimately retiring with issues).

Thanks again for the help getting that car ready @enginerd. It was all hands on deck getting it ready for RA. I think that was this year........man everything blurs together.