Aleru

The RVA Graphics and Wraps AMP'd Up Duals

Replace "Overperforming Teams" with "We had a good day" and "Overperforming Cars" with "We had a bad day" and that starts to make sense. :P

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

54 minutes ago, mender said:

Replace "Overperforming Teams" with "We had a good day" and "Overperforming Cars" with "We had a bad day" and that starts to make sense.

I'm guessing a few "overperforming" teams would also argue that it wasn't necessarily a good day (like ODOR on Saturday).

1 hour ago, zack_280 said:

I'm guessing a few "overperforming" teams would also argue that it wasn't necessarily a good day (like ODOR on Saturday).

The "overperformance" part of this graph is actually distance from the center-line. ODOR on Saturday ended up finishing close to how one would expect given their speed. Slow laptime finishes towards the tail end.

The best performances are like Legacy Auto Sports finishing in the top 10 on Saturday with a top 40 laptime, and the AMP'd up yellow miata on Sunday punching above their raw speed.

2 minutes ago, takjak2 said:

The "overperformance" part of this graph is actually distance from the center-line.

Yes, so ODOR overperformed more than Danger Racing on Saturday.  

4 hours ago, Huggy said:

SaturdayAMPoverunder.jpg

SundayAMPoverunder.jpg

Can you filter out all cars which had more than ....5 pit stops or had any single pit stop in excess of ...8 minutes?

32 minutes ago, Black Magic said:

Would be interesting to remove fastest lap or two, and average of 10 to 3rd fastest laps. Call it the "Mx3 syndrome" 

I used to run a post race analysis and try to calculate average green flag lap for each stint.  Sometimes figuring out the cutoff was tricky.

The closer you get to actual average performance though, the closer everyone gets to the line.

• Like 1

So...I get a few days to get the race recap article done so post your team's ups and downs. Maybe it makes the article...maybe not.

1 hour ago, enginerd said:

Can you filter out all cars which had more than ....5 pit stops or had any single pit stop in excess of ...8 minutes?

Yeah, maybe.  That’s a bit of actual work to do that...

Had a great weekend, good to see a lot of familiar faces that I haven't seen lately.  My car wasn't ready, I was lucky enough to get a ride with John Allen Special and had a blast.  Had a great day Saturday, ended up with cranial rectal inversion Sunday and was slower in the dry, but had some great dices with other cars.  Went clean while 3 wide through 2, so that was pretty doggone exciting!  Already planning some more events for next season!

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Doc said:

So...I get a few days to get the race recap article done so post your team's ups and downs. Maybe it makes the article...maybe not.

Please help @Doc. More racing! More video! More stories! 

Car #341 - On Second Thought Racing

We had a pretty good, mostly uneventful weekend.  Being none of us had driven AMP before, we got pretty respectable times out of our NA6 Miata.  We had a lot of close/back and forth racing both days.  All of the drivers enjoyed the roller coaster track that it is!  We had a few spins/off tracks that cost some time, but overall pretty happy with the 11th Sat/12th Sunday.  As with every race, you learn a few things to hopefully improve the next race.

The car didn’t have any problems either day, wish I could say the same about the truck and trailer on the way home.  Lost a trailer tire about 20 min south of Knoxville, got back on the road and had the alternator go out on the truck about 20 min later.  They turned a 3.5hr drive back to Nashville into a 6hr drive.  

Looking forward to our next race at Barber in Dec.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, enginerd said:

Here is saturday with your 8 minute lap cutoff criteria.  Not really a good criteria I think.  Tuttle 108 had 4 pit stops as well.  Pistol star wrecked less than 2 hours in.  Tuttle 107 and Full Throttle only had 2 pit stops, so I think the broke in the 3rd stint.

What I got out of this is only 3 out of 56 teams executed 3 pit stops relatively within the 5 minute window.

SaturdayAMPoverunder_8min.jpg

Edited by Huggy
  • Like 1

Doc,

Nothing much happened with Danger Racing.  Good drivers, avoided accidents, mistakes, and penalties.  We had great pit stops, and good strategy.  Combine that with super cheaty near f1 level rear spoiler and we were able to pull off wins on both days!

John

Edited by Hurljohn
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 4

8 minutes ago, Hurljohn said:

Doc,

Nothing much happened with Danger Racing.  Good drivers, avoided accidents, mistakes, penalties.  We had great pit stops, and good strategy.  Combine that with super cheaty near f1 level rear spoiler and we were able to pull off wins on both days!

John

Pot.jpg.97d5c7ea3f40a2d5187f1b59901d07ae.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

Two days of racing for Running Bulls Racing at AMP which is one of our home tracks. The weather was far better than last year but Saturday started wet and cold just like last year. Our driving order was Mike Merrill, Michael Coleman, David Boring, and Michael Bulls to finish for Saturdays 8-hour race. We started 17th and didn’t make a great start, the early hours of the race were littered with long cautions due to some fairly big incidents. We decided to pit early under yellow to try to play a different strategy, thinking it would pay off in the end. As the race reached the midpoint we could see we were off sequence and that needing that extra pit stop was going to hurt our position, the yellow flag we needed to get back on schedule just didn’t fall as we needed. In fact, a yellow at the race midpoint actual helped most other teams. All drivers did a great job with the mixed conditions, even as it would dry then at times a cloud would appear and just mist the track enough to limit grip. David Boring posted our fastest lap on Saturday of 1:37.824, but with our team’s consistent lineup that was only fastest by .05 to another driver. We consistently climbed positions each day to as high as 6th but we knew that would fall with our extra stop, and we finished 8th overall and 5th in class.

Sunday was a 7-hour race and after our mistake on Saturday with strategy we were planning just even stints for all drivers and only 3 stops and let our consistency and good times carry us. Weather was cool, but clear and Our driving order was David Boring, Michael Coleman, Michael Bulls, and Mike Merrill. The race started with us in 29th and David did a nice job moving up through the field, but after reaching 19th he had to pit early not feeling well. So we quickly decided that we would try a driver only change no fuel as our burn rate was low on Saturday and we were looking to steal some time back. Michael Coleman went in and drove a great stint but there was not enough fuel to make the 2 hours. So now we knew again we would carry an extra stop. Next Michael Bulls and Michael Merrill did full 2 hours stints and both were running good consistent times. Michael Bulls ran our fastest time of 1:37.9 on his 5th lap of the stint, and with these 4 hours of consistent times we were up to 7th position. We did our final stop and got David Boring back into the car for a short 25-minute stint, and hoped he could chase down a car for position, but with only 12 laps to work with the gap was too big and we finished 8th.

We are pleased with back to back 8th place finishes but a bit disappointed as we know we had errors that cost us for sure in both races! Our crew of SooZee Merrill and Al Davison we fantastic, we could not do all we did without their help. SooZee was over the wall on every pit stop and Al helping with the fueling from the cold side of the pit helped the team do great.

Next up is Barber in December and we are hoping to cut out the mistakes and race strong!

IMG_0900.jpg

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Huggy said:

Here is saturday with your 8 minute lap cutoff criteria.  Not really a good criteria I think.  Tuttle 108 had 4 pit stops as well.  Pistol star wrecked less than 2 hours in.  Tuttle 107 and Full Throttle only had 2 pit stops, so I think the broke in the 3rd stint.

What I got out of this is only 3 out of 56 teams executed 3 pit stops relatively within the 5 minute window.

What about less than 3 pits at 5 mins (as some did not taking on fuel)  are they included or excluded?

46 minutes ago, flytime said:

What about less than 3 pits at 5 mins (as some did not taking on fuel)  are they included or excluded?

Visceral had a pit over 8 minutes so was filtered out.  Pretty much went through and wrote down names if I did not see a lap longer than 8 minutes for a particular team.  

The 7 teams that were left, I looked at more closely to see what the deal was.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Huggy said:

Visceral had a pit over 8 minutes so was filtered out.  Pretty much went through and wrote down names if I did not see a lap longer than 8 minutes for a particular team.  

8 mins how did we screw that up?

5 minutes ago, Huggy said:

What I intended was 8 minute stop to be the cutoff, so roughly a 10 minute lap. 8 minute lap may weed out teams pitting under FCY. 

I just wanted your graph to not be cluttered with every single team who wasn’t even close to competitive.

Edited by enginerd

1 hour ago, Huggy said:

RBR had an extra one on Saturday.

5 minutes ago, flytime said:

8 mins how did we screw that up?

Looks like your 2 fuel stops were just over 8 minutes.  Could be a function of your pit being past the SF?  Did you pit both times under a FCY also?  Seems a FCY lap was about 2:30-3:00

3 minutes ago, enginerd said:

What I intended was 8 minute stop to be the cutoff, so roughly a 10 minute lap. 8 minute lap may weed out teams putting under FCY. 

I just wanted your graph to not be cluttered with every single team who wasn’t even close to competitive.

Gotcha.  Yeah, a perfect pit would result in about a 7 minute lap if done under green, so that was a pretty harsh cutoff.

Edited by Huggy

On 10/29/2018 at 1:06 PM, Huggy said:

Did everyone else miss that the MX3 ran a 1:32.1?  #freethemx3

That was a mistake in the timing gear as they did something with pushing the car. It was caught. But just like Doc Waldrop's FTD at Sebring, it remains at the top.

• Like 2