Gearhead_42

23 hours ago, FlorahDorah said:

Also.... 

July 27-July 28, 2019
UTAH MOTORSPORTS CAMPUS: Double 8 Enduro, $1425
Tooele, UT
"Salt Lake Eights"
Early Pay Discount Ends: May 28, 2019

Its such a far tow for a non 24...  and I wonder what the track layout will be... East and/or West or the full

23 hours ago, Alchemy Autosport said:

Its such a far tow for a non 24...  and I wonder what the track layout will be... East and/or West or the full

I can tell you it'll be East or West, not full.  I believe East.  It was either that or not go back because of low attendance.  We are trying to grow out west but do it in such a way that it doesn't cripple the organization financially.  

Edited by Jer
  • Like 1

I think the east or west tracks (as opposed to the full tracks) give too much advantage to Miata's-give me some straightaways!! <just kidding> 

Miller Motorsport is about 675 miles from SoCal (10 hrs 28 minutes by car-maybe 12 hours towing?). Thunderhill, by comparison, is 502 miles (8 hours by car-maybe 9-1/2 towing).   Sonoma is 427 miles.  To get to any of the three you will burn a full day going and a full day coming back (I don't think you tow home after a full day in a race car).  If you do a 24 hour and finish at noon on Sunday, I still don't know if you would want to tow all the way home on Sunday from any of them.  Of course, I am old and fall asleep easily-which is why a double 8 sounds better to me than a 24.  

Take some sick days, unhitch the trailer somewhere, and head to Park City, Sundance, or one of the national parks.  It's a beautiful state with a lot to offer.  If you golf at Mountain Dell (on the way to Park City) you are over a mile high and can hit your wedge 175 yards (don't tell me you do that at sea level Ben-I ain't buying it). 

• 2 weeks later...