1 hour ago, mender said:

The one who completes the most laps. :)

So an overall victory is the goal  ?

Edited by Ray Franck

2 hours ago, Ray Franck said:

So an overall victory is the goal  ?

Um, yes - for some people. For others, the goal is to finish. 

How is it working when AER had basically no cars at bogie?

How is it working when CER had basically no entries at all of the races?

How is it going to work when I can go CASC racing with more cars with a  far less entry fee and also go racing 10 times more?

How is it going to work with USA tracks basically the same distance away offering what we originally started out as?

Im looking for a legitimate reason to go other than "Jay and Chuck are awesome guys" (which they are)

I do not want to see this fail before it begins.

It will be interesting to see what this does to Canadian teams who want to do some races in the US.    Now there is no reason they wouldn't do all those mods that cost points..... until they want to race in the US again, do they detune, cheat, run a second car, run EC.

Edited by theblue
  • Like 1

I will hold my breath until I see what next season is like before making a judgement. Though, Im more or less with @Rich  on this one. Im not sure I really understand why the change. 

- CER cars werent exactly numerous over the past two years.

- Car counts were decent last year and seemingly growing maybe with some new cars/teams, will they really get better with these new rules?  Why mess with a good thing?

- Will we continue to see US cars come to race at bucket list tracks like Mosport with a completely different series? We may actually lose cars....

- Spending all that time qualifying on saturday is a waste of time IMO.  There is zero benefit to actually push hard (having fun is basically the only advantage), so why bother?

- Im going to race flat out because thats fun to me, but as the fast driver on my team, it could literally be a disadvantage to do that, that will be frustrating if it actually does turn into a disadvantage (though, it just means i need to kick my teammates in the butt), but will also be frustrating if we are racing against a team that wants to run less than flat out but just maintain a certain pace at the top of the class....

@theblue Our plan is to keep the car Champ legal so we can race US events, or at minimum make it so we can detune cheaply and easily for US races.  In these new rules, there really isn't any reason to do "all those mods" (except to make a cooler car I guess) as making your car faster could just put you in a higher class.

Im hopeful it will all work out, but pretty worried at the same time that we are messing with a good thing and the whole series loses interest and fold

42 minutes ago, thewheelerZ said:

Im hopeful it will all work out, but pretty worried at the same time that we are messing with a good thing and the whole series loses interest and fold

I think that ship sailed when champusa set chumpcanada adrift a couple of seasons ago.

I'm just a lurker so my opinion is irrelevant, but I've been following this series in Canada for a few years and building a car with the intention of getting out in 2019.  As an outsider, rule changes, name changes, format changes etc. make it difficult to get involved as I feel like I've always fallen another step behind in my planning.  It gets discouraging.  Pin the rules down and keep the costs reasonable, and then you can focus on promoting the series.  There aren't enough drivers or enough money in Canada to start creating niche racing leagues so everyone gets exactly what they want.  Even the roundy round guys are figuring out that to keep grassroots racing alive here you have to share a rule book and dip into one pool of competitors.  

On 12/5/2018 at 9:11 PM, Rich said:

How is it working when AER had basically no cars at bogie?

How is it working when CER had basically no entries at all of the races?

How is it going to work when I can go CASC racing with more cars with a  far less entry fee and also go racing 10 times more?

How is it going to work with USA tracks basically the same distance away offering what we originally started out as?

Im looking for a legitimate reason to go other than "Jay and Chuck are awesome guys" (which they are)

I do not want to see this fail before it begins.

AER would never draw many cars from the U.S.  It's basically a regional series of BMW clubbie buddies from what I see from the North East.    I wouldn't worry about aer making difference in your area.  

On 12/8/2018 at 4:30 PM, Lapped Traffic said:

I'm just a lurker so my opinion is irrelevant, but I've been following this series in Canada for a few years and building a car with the intention of getting out in 2019.  As an outsider, rule changes, name changes, format changes etc. make it difficult to get involved as I feel like I've always fallen another step behind in my planning.  It gets discouraging.  Pin the rules down and keep the costs reasonable, and then you can focus on promoting the series.  There aren't enough drivers or enough money in Canada to start creating niche racing leagues so everyone gets exactly what they want.  Even the roundy round guys are figuring out that to keep grassroots racing alive here you have to share a rule book and dip into one pool of competitors.  

As a new team/builder.... you're opinion is actually the MOST relevant!

good news is that if your car is less sorted then you should just get slotted into a lower class (probably?). Run what you brung type of thing. 

Lots of existing teams (with recently new teams among them) their race against. Fingers crossed it works. 

• Like 1