Bill Strong

2019 Official Michelin Raceway Road Atlanta 14-Hour

Anyone want to do a beer exchange?

We will be down Thursday afternoon,  see everyone then

33 minutes ago, Huggy said:

I'm flying in so I won't have any beer, but if you are bringing some local beer I'll buy some off you when I drop off those tires. 

I have a Yi Livestream Camera if someone wants to use it for this event. You would need to supply a hot spot. You pay for shipping. I'll send it out tomorrow if a team has an interest.

1 hour ago, Huggy said:

I don't like your beer....

59 minutes ago, E. Tyler Pedersen said:

I have a Yi Livestream Camera if someone wants to use it for this event. You would need to supply a hot spot. You pay for shipping. I'll send it out tomorrow if a team has an interest.

If I wasn't out of town for work and had a hot spot already I'd jump on this idea..  I so wanna try setting one up soon.

3 minutes ago, Team Infiniti said:

Any beer is good on the podium

well except PBR...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, chip said:

well except PBR...

Like I will ever GET to a podium position...

Gotta stop at the liquor store close to the track- they always have a great selection of local brews.  But PBR is still terrible...

• Sad 1

16 minutes ago, Team Infiniti said:

All right, the tower is torn down, we are pitting on the pro side, what do we have for bathrooms and showers?

There are showers in the club paddock at Road Atlanta?

When I was there Thanksgiving weekend, there were only port-o-lets in the pro paddock. 

51 minutes ago, Team Infiniti said:

All right, the tower is torn down, we are pitting on the pro side, what do we have for bathrooms and showers?

As for bathrooms there will be some portables (usually at the back of the paddock midway and some near the entrance gates into the cold pit) and on the landing above the paddock on the paddock exit road (T-12 side) there is a permanent one. For showers from what I have heard the same permanent bathroom has showers but I can't confirm that exactly.

9 hours ago, Team Infiniti said:

Club paddock where we normally park?  Two showers in that bathroom, is it still open or did it get bulldozed?

Oh, yeah, there are two shower stalls in the corner across from the sinks. Forgot about that. 

Yes, we usually use the club paddock. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mindspin311 said:

So test day drivers meeting is at 830am, what if we miss that? Do we  have to attend a later meeting like they had at AMP?

Oh I'm sure there will be a driver's meeting later in the day where Chisek is standing on a guardrail in the pit screaming at everybody. 😄

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Snorman said:

Oh I'm sure there will be a driver's meeting later in the day where Chisek is standing on a guardrail in the pit screaming at everybody. 😄

23v7zx.jpg

Open passing hopefully...the point by session was really bad.

Edited by Jab31169
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, mindspin311 said:

So test day drivers meeting is at 830am, what if we miss that? Do we  have to attend a later meeting like they had at AMP?

Someone needs his beauty sleep. No way can he get up early two days in a row.... 

1. We (InActiv Motorsports) have 1-stint available in our Mazda 626. Inquire at our pit if interested. We have plenty of drivers to cover the seat time, but would be happy to have an experienced renter fill the seat. 

2. If you've never pitted in the pro-paddock, when you pit out, it's up the hill. You can't see down the hill to the left and behind you and thus, what's probably coming fast. So stay right until you are at the top of the hill. If you pit out and come across the track as cars are WOT up the hill, bad things are going to happen and people are going to write unflattering songs about you.