Bill Strong

2019 Official Road America Spring Double 8-Hour Enduros

1 hour ago, Round3Racing said:

When the post resorts to name-calling, I'm out.  See you at Road America. 

Yeah.  I’m done too.  Interestingly, the difference of opinion seems to be along clear lines.  All of the people against it are registered for the race, and almost all of the people for it are not.  

See you there!  Looking forward to having a beer with you and checking out your cars.  

• Like 2

I will get there mid-day Thursday and my whole team doesn't show up until like 8 PM.  I'll need some drinking buddies...

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Jer said:

I will get there mid-day Thursday and my whole team doesn't show up until like 8 PM.  I'll need some drinking buddies...

We will be there on Thursday to help tech.   See you then. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Racer28173 said:

Yeah.  I’m done too.  Interestingly, the difference of opinion seems to be along clear lines.  All of the people against it are registered for the race, and almost all of the people for it are not.  

All opinions expressed in this thread are equally meaningful since none of us are the one or two guys who are going to actually make the decision.

I'm willing to bet it will be allowed based on precedent set with similar situations at other races.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, JDChristianson said:

We will be there on Thursday to help tech. See you then. 

Nice, surely a buddy would give a favourable point value on my new engine parts??? :)

We are getting to the track early on Thursday to run the full test day.

Edited by enginerd

6 hours ago, Jer said:

Good thing for you.

The Mopar team is coming and has your back!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Mopar 4 Life said:

Good thing for you.

Oh dear god....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Racer28173 said:

See you there!  Looking forward to having a beer with you and checking out your cars.  

Flying in early to pick up some Spotted Cow.  We actually found another beer by that same brewery that is pretty good too.

When you come by, ask for Brad.  I'm the bald guy with a beard.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Round3Racing said:

Flying in early to pick up some Spotted Cow.  We actually found another beer by that same brewery that is pretty good too.

When you come by, ask for Brad.  I'm the bald guy with a beard.

I haven't found a beer from New Glarus that isn't good.   Sometimes we go to WI to buy car parts.....beer always follows us back to Iowa...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

No worries.

Our team has much experience in consumption from Alcohol Poisoning to bad hangovers. Water, a stout breakfast, or for our Canadian Brethren hair of the dog and all involved will be bright and shining ready for racing. 

If any team decides to throw down with the Canadian Professionals please be proactive. Take a few aspirin and hydrate with A LOT of water. No retreat, no surrender with the Canucks.

2 hours ago, Mopar 4 Life said:

Good thing for you.

2 hours ago, Jer said:

Oh dear god....

6 minutes ago, Cam Benty said:

If any team decides to throw down with the Canadian Professionals please be proactive.

More like please let the rest of us know so we can watch.

I had to leave the bar in a taxi at Mosport after drinking with MOPAR.  Luckily I puked early and often and was able to drive the next morning haha.  I've not been duped since then...

• Haha 2

I walked by the team And got half a buzz. I would do another tour in Afganistan before throwing down with those Hoonigans.

10 minutes ago, Jer said:

I had to leave the bar in a taxi at Mosport after drinking with MOPAR.  Luckily I puked early and often and was able to drive the next morning haha.  I've not been duped since then...

51 minutes ago, Cam Benty said:

I walked by the team And got half a buzz. I would do another tour in Afganistan before throwing down with those Hoonigans.

We’re not that bad. Lol.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mopar 4 Life said:

We’re not that bad. Lol.

Yes we are 😛

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, swrving said:

Yes we are 😛

Should we bring screech? That way Jer will have something to take away from the weekend.

12 hours ago, Mopar 4 Life said:

Should we bring screech? That way Jer will have something to take away from the weekend.

On a scale of 1-10 how much do you dislike Jer?

Screech should be reserved for 9's and 10's.

Just posted in the parts for sale forum. Well have 7 Hankook rs3’s 225 45 15 in pit 11 all used and from 2016. We don’t care what we get for them so come say hi.

I may be missing something that is hiding in plain sight - does anyone know/remember what the pit speed limit is?  I don't see a "standard" in the BCCR, and did a word search in the supps and didn't find it either.

Edited by Racer28173

5 hours ago, Racer28173 said:

I may be missing something that is hiding in plain sight - does anyone know/remember what the pit speed limit is?  I don't see a "standard" in the BCCR, and did a word search in the supps and didn't find it either.

when we're working road america black maximas are only allowed 10mph.................

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I think they usually say 2500 RPMs in 2nd.  Not sure what that speed is though.

6 hours ago, Racer28173 said:

It varies from track to track due to size of track, pit road, and number of cars . The race director will state pit road speed among other important information at the drivers meeting , BE THERE ..

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Ray Franck said:

It varies from track to track due to size of track, pit road, and number of cars . The race director will state pit road speed among other important information at the drivers meeting , BE THERE ..

I’ve never missed a drivers meeting!

I was asking because it was looking like we wouldn’t have a functioning speedometer and I wanted to work out the RPMs ahead of time.  As it turns out, it looks like it might be functional after all, so we won’t be doing a lot of math between the drivers meeting and the race. Whew!