Bill Strong

2019 Official The Racing Radios National Championship at Charlotte Roval 14-Hour

7 minutes ago, enginerd said:

I can name every driver on my team at every race we have done starting in 2014 AND the stint order AND their FTD (to within a second). How is remembering who drove your car last year an issue???

I can't remember who drove what last year. 

Just now, red0 said:

I can't remember who drove what last year. 

Autobahn team was the best!

38 minutes ago, wvumtnbkr said:

Is there a way to go back and see who your qualifying drivers are?

Thanks!

Rob R.

Nelsons - You, Mark, Erick and Jeff

Gingerman - You and Erick

Just now, E. Tyler Pedersen said:

I think that was 2 years ago, right? That event was a blast though. 

13 minutes ago, enginerd said:

I can name every driver on my team at every race we have done starting in 2014 AND the stint order AND their FTD (to within a second). How is remembering who drove your car last year an issue???

I lost my keys, can you help 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Team Infiniti said:

I lost my keys, can you help 

I lost my keys to the hauler and trailer, and he did help. It turns out that he had them! 

**Shakes fist in air**

• Haha 2

36 minutes ago, enginerd said:

No, we have like 12 drivers for 3 cars at Nelson.  I know who was IN my car.  I don't remember whether they were signed up for my car, bryans car, or tylers car....

28 minutes ago, E. Tyler Pedersen said:

Nelsons - You, Mark, Erick and Jeff

Gingerman - You and Erick

Who was officially in the system as driving my car at Nelsons and Gingerman?  Pretty sure Julie and Bryan were actually listed for Gingerman.

19 minutes ago, wvumtnbkr said:

Who was officially in the system as driving my car at Nelsons and Gingerman?  Pretty sure Julie and Bryan were actually listed for Gingerman.

just do your best and drink some more beer as you are over-thinking this...

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, chip said:

just do your best and drink some more beer as you are over-thinking this...

Agreed.  I would just hate to get protested due to a technicality about who was signed up as a driver versus who actually drove the car...

1 hour ago, Bill Strong said:

This should be a given. all races you should have lights to put on the car if they are already not installed. Some rainstorms get very dark. sometimes the clouds cause the tracks to get very dark much earlier than the normal sunset.
Always, and I mean ALWAYS, expect the racing gods to make it dark when you don't have lights on your car... when you are leading... Always.
Tracks that are well lit are almost always pitch black when the breakers trip thus turning off said blinding lights. Do you think we stop the race because you can't see the track?

Nope. 

Right now? nope. At the time of the race? 

hehehe

Bill, it was just a few years ago at Charlotte when we did NOT require lights.  And that also was a 14 hour race.  SO I think it's a fair question.  Thank you for answering it, though.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, wvumtnbkr said:

Agreed.  I would just hate to get protested due to a technicality about who was signed up as a driver versus who actually drove the car...

I just told you your driver's. Now relax.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, wvumtnbkr said:

Whats the top speed of a podium contender Champcar at Charlotte?

You're going to need a V8 :)

• Like 2

3 hours ago, NigelStu said:

Dude, you can't even remember who's driving your car for Indy....  

(sorry Robs, I had to.)

Robs.... I caught that mr. schauts

😂

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, chip said:

thanks @Bill Strong- you're the best

well better than @Doc- at least for today

Of course.... this means WAR!!!

4 hours ago, MoparBoyy said:

You're going to need a V8 :)

Or the proper tire size and gearing....  which is what I'm trying to figure out!

Any ideas?

4 hours ago, mcoppola said:

Robs.... I caught that mr. schauts

😂

Ha!  I didn't!

So everybody knows that I put an s on the end of Ben's last name all the time?  Haha!

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, wvumtnbkr said:

Whats the top speed of a podium contender Champcar at Charlotte?

I was hitting 125 to 128. Not as fast as Road America. I was leading the race until my 6 cylinders became a 4 banger. and I had one gear left. But I finished 2nd

Still a pretty short list of people signed up for this.  Is it too late to change the championship to a race that people seem to want to drive in?  Like maybe Watkins Glen?  It has a lot more entries already, and the Charlotte race is sooner.  I hate to see the championship have so few cars.  I guess it is good for the teams that go because they won’t have as much competition, but are you really the champion if half of the good cars didn’t come?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Racer28173 said:

Still a pretty short list of people signed up for this.  Is it too late to change the championship to a race that people seem to want to drive in?  Like maybe Watkins Glen?  It has a lot more entries already, and the Charlotte race is sooner.  I hate to see the championship have so few cars.  I guess it is good for the teams that go because they won’t have as much competition, but are you really the champion if half of the good cars didn’t come?

We will get cars for Charlotte.  A lot of people have said they are coming but haven't signed up yet.  Remember the early discount doesn't expire until end of Feb.  Usually we see a lot of cars before the registration ends.  Also I know people like to sign up one event at a time so a lot of Rd Atl or VIR cars could be waiting to sign up.  We want to spread out the Championship to other parts of the country and not just have it at one race track or area of the country.  Last year we had 62 cars. 

On 1/4/2019 at 7:35 AM, chip said:

I have a question as to qualified drivers.

I know that there needs to be two drivers in a qualified car that have raced in the car during the year.  But are they drivers from the races that qualified the car or just any race in the year?

Hi Folks.  This will be our first Champcar race.  We only have one driver who has previously raced in Champcar.

I guess we have missed the requirement for "qualified drivers" and "qualified cars"?

Please clarify what if anything we need to do to enter as "qualified drivers" or if we are not eligible?

So far our initial entry appears to have been accepted.

Thanks

18 minutes ago, jcorbs said:

Hi Folks.  This will be our first Champcar race.  We only have one driver who has previously raced in Champcar.

I guess we have missed the requirement for "qualified drivers" and "qualified cars"?

Please clarify what if anything we need to do to enter as "qualified drivers" or if we are not eligible?

So far our initial entry appears to have been accepted.

Thanks

You are welcome to come out and race anyway!

In last years chamoionship race, everyone in your situation raced just like the qualified cars but we’re ineligible for podium / prizes. 

41 minutes ago, enginerd said:

You are welcome to come out and race anyway!

In last years chamoionship race, everyone in your situation raced just like the qualified cars but we’re ineligible for podium / prizes. 

Thanks.  See you there