Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Bill Strong

2019 ChampCar.Sim Schedule

Recommended Posts

Hey @JakobWesleyPrater, glad you're excited for the season. Just a reminder that the championship rounds are restricted to iRacing License holders of D and Safety Rating of 2.0 or above. In order for you to race in the first championship round you'll need to complete the rookie class in the official iRacing series. There is no such restriction for the practice round this Wednesday. Shouldn't be difficult for you to get up to code, and you have plenty of time,  so good luck, and see you on track!

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Rapido said:

Hey @JakobWesleyPrater, glad you're excited for the season. Just a reminder that the championship rounds are restricted to iRacing License holders of D and Safety Rating of 2.0 or above. In order for you to race in the first championship round you'll need to complete the rookie class in the official iRacing series. There is no such restriction for the practice round this Wednesday. Shouldn't be difficult for you to get up to code, and you have plenty of time,  so good luck, and see you on track!

@Rapido Thanks for the heads up! Do I just find the link on the iRacing homepage?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The practice race will show up under Leagues -> League Sessions on the Homepage, or via the BetaUI (launched at the top of the homepage). Some people had trouble registering for the first practice race if not done through the BetaUI.

 

As for gaining the requisite D/2.0 rating for the first points round, please refer to the guide we put together when announcing the introduction of this restriction.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/21/2019 at 10:17 AM, Rapido said:

Please see attached for a one-page PDF with all schedule info.

2019 Champ Car Sim Series Schedule.pdf

I can spam my other iracing league if you want more guys (clean racers) but it would help if the schedule/rules were posted someplace that didn't require sign up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Rapido said:

As for gaining the requisite D/2.0 rating for the first points round, please refer to the guide we put together when announcing the introduction of this restriction.

 

One thing that I did not see mentioned that helped me to avoid accidents and get the requirements quicker was to skip the "official" practice , do your qualifying laps (with no incidents) and then intentionally miss the start so you can start from the pits (just dont click the "grid" button, wait and click the "missed start" button).  Doing this you miss a lot of the intial first lap crashes and it sets you up for racing most of the race alone (which is good for avoiding incidents). To my knowledge you do not get any penalties for missing the start.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, tyler_j said:

 

One thing that I did not see mentioned that helped me to avoid accidents and get the requirements quicker was to skip the "official" practice , do your qualifying laps (with no incidents) and then intentionally miss the start so you can start from the pits (just dont click the "grid" button, wait and click the "missed start" button).  Doing this you miss a lot of the intial first lap crashes and it sets you up for racing most of the race alone (which is good for avoiding incidents). To my knowledge you do not get any penalties for missing the start.

Or move aside on the grid and take the jump start stop/go.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×