wvumtnbkr

Looking for a comfy but safe seat

Anybody got 1 used, or know of a good deal on a new comfy seat that is safe?

No aluminum seats.  I have one.  It isn't comfy....

Best seat I have raced with has been Racetech 4009 halo seat. Safest seat when installed properly. Unfortunately not a bargain piece but I have seen them for sale used on occasion. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, TimS said:

Best seat I have raced with has been Racetech 4009 halo seat. Safest seat when installed properly. Unfortunately not a bargain piece but I have seen them for sale used on occasion. 

This for sure. 

We got one of these for the new build:

https://bimarco.eu/en/fia-seats/9-411-bimarco-grip-seat.html?SubmitCurrency=1&id_currency=2

Was about $500 to my door with custom logo and shipping, thanks to @IPF Racing for the tip on it. They do take 5 weeks or so to come though, probably less if you didn't do the custom logo. I'm pretty skinny but it still seems to fit well, although we don't have it in the car car yet. 

@IPF Racing thoughts so far on yours?

9 minutes ago, Wittenauer Racing said:

We got one of these for the new build:

https://bimarco.eu/en/fia-seats/9-411-bimarco-grip-seat.html?SubmitCurrency=1&id_currency=2

Was about $500 to my door with custom logo and shipping, thanks to @IPF Racing for the tip on it. They do take 5 weeks or so to come though, probably less if you didn't do the custom logo. I'm pretty skinny but it still seems to fit well, although we don't have it in the car car yet. 

@IPF Racing thoughts so far on yours?

Only one track day in ours so far but everyone on the team seems to love it.  I'm 5'8" with a 32" waist and fit with comfortably, my other 2 drivers are 6'3" and one is right around 200 and the other is heavier than that. They all said it was extremely comfortable too. Wouldn't hesitate to pick up another one. And the custom logo they did turned out pretty well. 

20190216_143107.jpg

We went with the OMP HTE-R standard width.  Nice seat, no issues yet, been running it for a year and a half or maybe two years.

We have the HTE-R XL in both cars.   Drivers from like 100 lbs to 280lbs dont really complain too loudly.  Approx $800

16 minutes ago, Huggy said:

We have the HTE-R XL in both cars.   Drivers from like 100 lbs to 280lbs dont really complain too loudly.  Approx $800

Yeah they both fit me well.  I can't find the receipt for mine, it might also be the XL now that I think about it.

13 hours ago, Huggy said:

We have the same seat, Im 5'6 170, we have a 6'1" 190 and a 5'11" 275+ 

All fit, although the big has mentioned it being tight, but he openly says a new seat isnt the correct course of action.

15 hours ago, Huggy said:

Like 100? Must be @Wyatt

that's why he's so fast...

I bought the Momo Daytona in XL. Be warned - it's still smaller than the OMP HTE-R XL. They do sell it in XXL but it wasn't readily available. Price was really good. I was warned that the BiMarco might be also a tighter fit but based on that picture it doesnt' look much different than my Momo.

Great fit for me but the bigger boys who drive my car might not like it.

Edited by Slugworks Paul

I've got a OMP HTE-R XL seat for sale if interested

I'll post an ad later with pics, but it's been used for 2 races, no accidents or damage. 

Not drilled for back brace - it was in a 914 and the seat was close to the cage

Only reason for selling is life got in the way of racing and I haven't had the car out for 2 years now  :(

Looking for $575 shipped to Cont US

Includes seat and side reais (mounting rails made by Sparco or Recaro i  think)

Thanks

Andrew M 

Have the Racetech in the Viper and I love it.   We have Sparcos Circut 2's in the Champcars and they are actually pretty nice, especially for the price.