Who does live telemetry back to the pits?

Indysupra

9 minutes ago, Gkuhn41 said:

I give it 100% credit for our finishes at gingerman this year.

Glad to know all you need to win is to have a car to pit telemetry system  🙂

FYI we use Racepak and have a tablet in the car and cloud link to pit box and works well with solid cell coverage. Not at all tracks using US Cellular but recent switch to 

Verizon and it works well. We also live stream video.

• Like 1

The Racepak was a CL1 and with the Obd2 cable about $700. We use a 10” Samsung table with Bluetooth T about $250 then a older Jetpak with a remote ant off eBay at $65. Since we live stream it is used for both. Since I have a business the Jetpak is used by both and unlimited data is $45 month. 

• Like 1

Why i say that is we had one driver who had never been to Gingerman and we were able to shave his lap times by over 8 sec a lap in very short order by looking at brake points, mid corner speeds and the lines he was taking. If he had not had feedback it would have taken much longer to get him into competitive times.

Things us Mercedes guys have to do to keep up with the Ecotech miatas and BMW guys of the world. 

Oh and pray everyone else breaks that helps too! 

• Like 2

Yep.  My car is getting a similar bit simplified setup.  Since I'm obd2, I'm using a tablet for gages and the race capture to do basically everything.

$400 for my legacy obd2, tablet for like 80$.  Hotspot for .... I don't know how much.  Gages, live telemetry, and laptimes in 1 package.

Once I buy it....

Edited by wvumtnbkr
  • Like 1

• Administrators
5 hours ago, wvumtnbkr said:

@E. Tyler Pedersen.  Your system is awesome and I don't think was that expensive with what you already had in place.

2 hours ago, Indysupra said:

I saw Tyler’s setup at Indy. Liked it a lot. 

I have the Racecapture setup in the car and then have a hot spot so it also goes back to the pits. Very nice to have in the pits so the driver doesn't have to watch gauges and he or she can just drive. I am putting my Racecapture phone up by my AiM MXL2 for Sebring to have a back up dash, not to mention so we can use it for pit to driver text. 

Older RC with analog sensors streamed to the pits. We added AFR and fuel level to it for Barber and it worked great. Showed us we need to work on our tune some more and also showed when we didn’t quite get fuel full on our last stop on Saturday. 

Tablet mounted to steering column is or RC stuff. Other one that’s higher was eliminated when we went to AiM Solo. 

B01E999F-688E-42E9-B54A-456D532D201A.jpeg

163A1703-3465-484D-91F6-F130255266A7.png

I need to read more into it obviously but am I mistaken that with me running an aim mxl2 with data logging that I can just run a podium connect and then get a WiFi go pro and get to the same place? I am trying to understand the difference between the rc and the podium connect hooked to the aim. Thanks again guys for the info!!

• Administrators
37 minutes ago, Indysupra said:

I need to read more into it obviously but am I mistaken that with me running an aim mxl2 with data logging that I can just run a podium connect and then get a WiFi go pro and get to the same place? I am trying to understand the difference between the rc and the podium connect hooked to the aim. Thanks again guys for the info!!

Here is what you need:

https://www.autosportlabs.com/product/podiumconnect-live-stream-motorsport-real-time-telemetry-from-aim-motec-race-technology-or-other-data-acquisition-systems-to-podium/

I would get a Yi and livestream to YouTube instead of a Go Pro

@Huggy runs the Podium Connect with his MXL2 I believe