Delete DBW and revert back to old school cable

Mopar 4 Life

So I bought a new car to start slowly building. In my haste and excitement I happened across a really clean rust free car and snatched it up quick.

Once I started going over some of the details on the new build. I came across a problem. This particular model car has the vehicle stability assistance always active if the DBW throttle body is used. Granted if a buy a special near top of the line haltech I can disable it out. For reference I was hoping to use a flash tuner.

Or. I can use the previous models cable throttle body. Same diameter bore. Just cable. With this I will only get a warning light that the VSA is inactive. If I go this route will it be points? My thinking say’s kinda, err maybe? 

Curious if others have gone down this path with newer cars and what they were allowed to do?

The tech interpretation document says you can swap if both mechanical and DBW were available in the same make/model run and if they a dimensionally the same.  Doesn’t say same generation, though I imagine that’s what was meant.  Still, if it’s got the same ID that’s all that should matter.  This will have to be addressed soon anyway with all the new cars being added to the VPI.  FWIW, my dad had a mid-2000s Buick that he found out all that stuff could be disabled either by pulling a fuse, or if all the wheel-speed sensors failed.  I don’t know if that’s an option or not.

16 minutes ago, karman1970 said:

The tech interpretation document says you can swap if both mechanical and DBW were available in the same make/model run and if they a dimensionally the same.  Doesn’t say same generation, though I imagine that’s what was meant.  Still, if it’s got the same ID that’s all that should matter.  This will have to be addressed soon anyway with all the new cars being added to the VPI.  FWIW, my dad had a mid-2000s Buick that he found out all that stuff could be disabled either by pulling a fuse, or if all the wheel-speed sensors failed.  I don’t know if that’s an option or not.

Pulling the fuse disables the throttle in this car. I must of missed this tech interpretation document is it in the BCR?

9 hours ago, Mopar 4 Life said:

Pulling the fuse disables the throttle in this car. I must of missed this tech interpretation document is it in the BCR?

Why would it be somewhere logical like that?  Haha.  It’s on the rules page on the website.  2019 Tech Interpretation or something like that.

Mopar, 

Granted it was a 2 years ago, but i asked this particular question to mike\tech and got the following allowances....

If you retain the stock size throttle body it will not be points. Don't game them on this or they will make it points (err on side of smaller vs bigger if no exact match).

Also no points to mechanically alter the oe throttle actuator to add a "arm". Basically weld something on the spot the servo goes. 

No points to solve the issue with electronics, ecu or throttle driver. We ended up going aftermarket ecu keeping the DBW, which is useful in boosted cars with drivers that have poor pedal control (tune the pedal to blade opening to suit driver). 

It can't hurt to verify with tech these options, but since these solutions were generally in the champ spirit i doubt you will have a problem.