Indianapolis, IN
"Indy Double 10"
Entrant List
Download Supplemental Rules and Event Info

Event Legal Waivers - one set
ChampCar/Indianapolis Motor Speedway Waivers ONLY

Onsite Performance parts
Money Shift Racing
If you need to order please reach out to us and we will do everything we can to help you out!

Kevyn Kistner

Money Shift Racing

38273 Airport Pkwy, Unit 2

Willoughby, OH 44094

440-290-9597

sales@moneyshiftracing.com

Last year Indy was the big deal of 2019! This year it's just another race right?

No? Indy is still a big deal? Ok, fine then, Indy is still a big deal!

?u=https%3A%2F%2Ftse3.mm.bing.net%2Fth%3

I don't usually get up on my soap box before an event, but this time I will. Whether you were there last year, or this is your first visit, take a few minutes to soak in where you are. Especially Friday, the race days are busy, and it's easy to get caught up in the hectic events on Friday. But carve out some minutes to just walk through and take it all in. 

Gate Entry and Waiver Process - The process will be similar to other events this year, beginning with the waivers. Each person entering the track on Friday must have all 4 waivers printed and signed when they arrive at the pre-entry lot across from the speedway. Again, that's everyone, staff, drivers, crew, kidnap victims, everyone must have all 4 waivers printed and signed. Also, every person entering the speedway will have their temperature checked, any person with a temperature over 100.4 F will not be allowed to enter.

So how will this work?

Step 1, teams arrive on Friday and check-in at the "ticket booth" in the parking lot across from the speedway. Team Captains will be given color-coded parking passes for vehicles. These color-coded passes must be displayed on the dashboard of each vehicle and will determine where the vehicle is directed once entering the track.

Step 2, each person will hand in their signed waivers and have their temperature scanned. You will then receive a "waiver wristband." This wristband signifies you have turned in your waiver and passed the temperature scan. This wristband must be worn all day.

Step 3, teams enter the Speedway at Gate 2. Each vehicle will be directed to a specific parking area based on their parking pass. Please note that only haulers will be allowed into the garage area, all other vehicles will be directed to the paddock or parking lots.

Step 4, Tech, Registration, Gear Check, blah blah blah.. And more wristbands. Remember you will receive your driver or crew wristbands that must be worn in addition the temperature scan wristband.

Step 5, Saturday, when you enter the track you will have your temperature scanned, again. You will receive a new (different color) wristband. You can take off your Friday wristband, and now wear your Saturday wristband along with your driver or crew wristband.

Step 6, Sunday, you guessed it, temperature scan in the morning, new colored wristband for Sunday.

Ok, a couple more things about Covid. Please remember than the procedure changes we are making are centered around our attempts to reduce large gatherings of people. This is why we only want one person in Tech and Registration. Also, we will not be conducting a group drivers meeting or award ceremony. 

If you arrive Thursday night, you can park your trailer across from the track in the staging lot, but be advised that this area is not secured or patrolled.  If you study this map it will help you visualize how the process will flow.  We will have signs inside the track, but study this anyway. 

Paddock and Parking - All vehicles entering the infield must have a parking pass displayed on the dash.  Tow vehicles renting a garage will get a BLUE tag.  Tow vehicles without a garage will get a GREEN tag.  Personal cars will get a ORANGE tag.  Each race car entry will get One (1) BLUE or GREEN tag plus Two (2) ORANGE tags.  Please plan accordingly.  Team vehicles in excess of the three vehicle limit will be issued a YELLOW tag and will park in the overflow lot by the museum.  Indianapolis will strictly enforce the parking restrictions.

If you rented a garage, proceed with your tow vehicle into the garage area and unload your car and equipment as quickly as possible into your assigned garage.  Once complete, take your tow vehicle and trailer to either the large or small trailer drop as noted in the parking map.  You may leave your tow vehicle in the lot all weekend, or use it as your transportation all weekend, but you will always park in the lot that corresponds with your parking tag. 

Drivers Meeting Video - The virtual drivers meeting video is here.

Please take a few minutes to watch it. And remember, we spent a total of Zero Dollars on this quality production, so we couldn't hire any better actors.

New to ChampCar / Novice Video - It's not a requirement for this race. However, if you have not raced with ChampCar recently, or if your team wants a more in-depth review of our race procedures, I encourage you to watch the new to ChampCar video here.

Pit & Garage Assignments - Click here for your pit assignments.  Click here for your garage assignments.  If you would like a garage and forgot to select one when you registered, we still have some open garages available.  Email me to reserve one and I'll reply back with your garage number.  Pit Map Garage Map

Transponders If you entered a transponder number (or entered anything really) while you where registering we assume you're bringing your own.  Please verify that you have entered the correct number or that you reserved a transponder if you're not supplying your own.  If you use a subscription based MyLaps X2 transponder, make sure your subscription is current.  When your subscription ends, the X2 will not count laps!

Tech - If you have a 2020 Annual Tech Inspection, with the sticker on your car, you do not need to bring your car through Tech. If your car does require a Tech Inspection for 2020 please have all you paperwork completely filled out before arriving at Tech. Only one person, preferably the Team Captain, needs to acompany the car. Remember, we are trying to reduce areas of large gatherings. Tech will open at 10AM on Friday in garage 1C/32C.    

Registration - First, before you even come to the track, like right now, log-in and make sure all your drivers and crew have current memberships, then complete any remaining registration payments. Now, at the track, one person only, preferably your Team Captain, should come to Registration. Bring your yellow logbook and/or tech sheet signed by Tech directly to registration.  

Pit Lane Setup- Teams will be allowed to set up their pits between 12PM and 6PM on Friday.  

Camping - Camping is not allowed inside the Indianapolis oval.  If you plan on camping this weekend, you will need to call the campground outside the track owned by the American Legion at 317-244-9625.  Reservations required.  This applies to RVs and tents.  No one is allowed inside the track after 9pm for any reason!

Sponsors - Tire Rack will be on hand to award another $800 gift certificate for tires to a lucky winner and Money Shift Racing will be trackside supporting your need for parts you forgot to pack.  We've also got numerous local companies who have donated items to be given away to race teams.  

ChampCar.Live -  If you will have your own live feed to YouTube, Facebook, or some other site, please share your feed with us by filling out the LiveFeed form at

https://ChampCar.org/livefeed

You can share our live show with friends and family by using the www.ChampCar.live URL. That will take you to the ChampCar.live YouTube page.

A reminder: read through and print out the Supplemental Rules for this event here.

If you have any questions you can contact me here.

We're looking forward to seeing you all in Indianapolis!

The ChampCar Staff   

Entries for The Tirerack.com Indy Double 10

Updated 9/7/2020  Limited to 100 entries

Team Name Car # Year Make Model
1.   901 Motorsport 903 1988 BMW 325i
2.   Apocalyptic Racing 858 1938 Datsun 280zx
3.   AutoSpec Racing #21 21 1993 Mazda Miata
4.   Autotechnik's Lackluster Racing 494 1993 Mazda miata
5.   Bad Idea Racing 240 1992 BMW 325i
6.   Bazinga Racing 173 1990 Nissan 300ZX
7.   Begley Motorsports 510 1972 Datsun 510
8.   Begley Motorsports 81 1988 Chevrolet Corvette
9.   Bill and Ben 249 2006 Mini cooper s
10.   Black Flag Motorsports 13 2006 Honda Civic Si
11.   Blitzkrieg Racing 242 2001 BMW 325ci
12.   Castrol Prefect Racing 742 1994 Lexus SC300
13.   Chump Change Racing 152 1995 BMW E-36 325
14.   Collins Autosport 924 1988 Porsche 924S
15.   Cone Crushers 919 1987 Porsche 944
16.   Crank Yankers Racing 186 1989 BMW 325i
17.   Da Region Drinkers 219 1994 Nissan Altima
18.   DKW Racing 267 1994 Mazda Miata
19.   DriveGear Racing 882 1989 bmw 325i
20.   Eracing 890 1986 bmw 325
21.   Ergolab.com 489 1993 Mazda Miata
22.   Final Turn Motorsports 327 1994 Mazda Miata
23.   Four Car Garage Motorsports 140 1994 BMW 325is
24.   Frankenstein Motorworks 971 2000 Toyota MR2
25.   Girded Loins Racing Team 300 2001 BMW Z3
26.   Good, Bad and Ugly 350 1978 Chevrolet Corvette
27.   Grackle Motorsports 310 1997 Honda Civic
28.   HDW Racing 571 2006 Honda Civic Si
29.   Housby’s Hoonda Racing 22 2008 Honda S2000
30.   Hugh Jass 337 1992 Mazda Miata
31.   James Bondo 007 1979 Triumph TR7
32.   Junk Dynasty 88 1994 Ford Mustang
33.   Kosi Racing 263 1992 BMW E36
34.   Loose Screws 309 1994 Chevy Camaro
35.   Maximum Effort 193 2008 Mazda Miata
36.   MLC Racing 165   Honda Accord
37.   Motorkars Racing 297 1999 VW GTI
38.   Mow Em Down Racing 900 2004 Acura TL
39.   Narwahl Autosport 447 1990 mazda miata
40.   Nine Four Motorsports 840 1992 Lexus SC300
41.   Nine Four Motorsports 94 2001 LExus IS300
42.   NTF Racing 683 1998 Honda Civic
43.   PlumCrazy 756 1998 dodge Neon
44.   Pull My Finger Racing 168 1968 Ford Mustang
45.   Rams Racing 114 1986 BMW 325i
46.   Rams Racing 104 1993 Subaru Inpreza Wagon
47.   rbankracing.com 1 194 1988 Honda CRX
48.   rbankracing.com 2 190 1999 SAAB 9-3
49.   rbankracing.com 3 195 2006 SAAB 9-3
50.   Resilience Racing 927 1995 Ford Mustang Cobra
51.   RocketHam Racing 256 1995 BMW E36
52.   Rooster racing llc 451 1996 Dodge Neon
53.   Skidmarks 669 1984 Chevy Corvette
54.   Spare Parts Racing 605 1994 Ford MUSTANG
55.   Subliminal Racing 717 1991 Chevrolet Corvette
56.   Swampfoot 448 1995 Subaru Impreza
57.   T2T RACING 878 1991 Mazda Miata
58.   triple R motorsport ranch 498 1997 BMW E36
59.   triple R motorsport ranch 497 1995 BMW E36
60.   TRMotorsports Racing 318 1993 318is BMW
61.   TurnIn Motorsports Group 999 1995 BMW 540i
62.   Valyrian Steel 988 1991 Mazda Miata
63.   Williams Racing Group 112 1999 Mazda Miata
64.   winter motorsports 127 1991 Mazda Miata
65.   Yoda Sport 317 1987 BMW 325is

• Administrators

Supplemental rules are up, BUT... will be changed as we get closer to the event? What will change? Expect everything. :)
Seriously, check the supps regularly, especially as we get closer to the event. We have a list of requests from the track that we will address soon from our experiences last year.

You will be required to have a muffler on your exhaust system. What muffler you choose is your choice. 

"I don't have room for a muffler" is not a valid excuse, as is "Race cars don't have mufflers!".

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bill Strong said:

Supplemental rules are up, BUT... will be changed as we get closer to the event? What will change? Expect everything. :)
Seriously, check the supps regularly, especially as we get closer to the event. We have a list of requests from the track that we will address soon from our experiences last year.

You will be required to have a muffler on your exhaust system. What muffler you choose is your choice. 

"I don't have room for a muffler" is not a valid excuse, as is "Race cars don't have mufflers!".

What if I have a muffler but it is a 2 year old 3” I.D. cherry bomb with no glass remaining? I guess I pass the rule?

• Administrators
On 1/8/2020 at 4:55 PM, enginerd said:

What if I have a muffler but it is a 2 year old 3” I.D. cherry bomb with no glass remaining? I guess I pass the rule?

That still changes the pitch and the sound level. 

4 entries left before we start a wait list

• Administrators
On 1/30/2020 at 4:19 PM, hotrod said:

For 2019 Indy took 19 minutes to sell out...........For 2020 91 days.............

Actually...

The first year was 14 minutes. But the server had a glitch. It did not show the updated until 19 minutes. It was weird.

• Like 1

On 2/3/2020 at 7:51 AM, Bill Strong said:

Actually...

The first year was 14 minutes. But the server had a glitch. It did not show the updated until 19 minutes. It was weird.

But 14 doesn't fit my narrative............were as 19 & 91 do.....:)

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, RandomTask said:

New race hype. That and this race is very expensive. 

I just noticed in the rules where you -have- to buy track gas at nearly $4/gallon. *ack*

Part of the drop off is the large number of teams who did it last year and said "ok... once is enough for now, I'll let another team fulfill their dream this year."

Buying gas at the track was actually very convenient... and it was perhaps $1 per gallon more than a regular gas station. When you consider the $2700 entry or whatever it is, an extra $150 on gas isn't a big deal.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, enginerd said:

Part of the drop off is the large number of teams who did it last year and said "ok... once is enough for now, I'll let another team fulfill their dream this year."

Buying gas at the track was actually very convenient... and it was perhaps $1 per gallon more than a regular gas station. When you consider the $2700 entry or whatever it is, an extra $150 on gas isn't a big deal.

Yeah, it's just yet another cost onto it that drives it up. It also make it seem like indy kicks everyone out at 9, as in you can't sleep in the paddock (need to pay for a hotel). Is this correct? 

1 hour ago, RandomTask said:

indy kicks everyone out at 9, as in you can't sleep in the paddock (need to pay for a hotel). Is this correct? 

This is what happened last year (may have been even earlier than 9)... we were making repairs to the car and had to leave.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, enginerd said:

Buying gas at the track was actually very convenient...

Convenient?  When?  I consider standing in line an hour and forty five minutes pretty inconvenient.

I enjoyed my time at Indy last year and am grateful for the ability to race there other than:

- standing in line for gas. 

- having to haul everything to the hot pit by hand including the gas you stood in line for. 

- having to leave the track by 9pm

We may do it again someday if it stays on the schedule, and I may pick up a ride with someone else this time but it is no longer a must do for me like a track like COTA is. 

Edit: Anybody that gets gas at the track, if it is done like last year, you may want to get in a drum and use a filter before pumping into your dump cans. The fuel was nasty.  They just fill your cans out of a tanker and air pad the tanker and just draw off the bottom unfiltered.

Edited by Burningham
  • Like 4