I''m new here... Cincinnati - Would Like to try an Arrive and Drive at Mid Ohio this Year

I'm going to start reviewing this website, I just signed up today a few minutes ago.  I didn't know arrive and drive was a thing lol. But I'm curious to learn more.  I will check and see but I've never been on a track before so I assume some kind of training is necessary.  If there are any teams local to me please let me know.  I'm going to study this website some more to see what I can find out.  Thanks in advance.

9 hours ago, PLance1 said:

I'm going to start reviewing this website, I just signed up today a few minutes ago.  I didn't know arrive and drive was a thing lol. But I'm curious to learn more.  I will check and see but I've never been on a track before so I assume some kind of training is necessary.  If there are any teams local to me please let me know.  I'm going to study this website some more to see what I can find out.  Thanks in advance.

No experience necessary.  At all.  None.

That's part of what makes this series awesome!

Welcome!

The tough part is going to be finding a team that will allow a person with zero experience drive their racecar!

That being said, the best way to get the experience and get a relationship going with a few teams is to show up at races.  This will allow you to quickly learn the ins and outs of endurance racing and what is expected.

Helping teams with pit stops and wrenching on the car is going to help get you in a seat AND be a productive member of a team much faster then just posting a "drive wanted" ad.  

Track days and testing with teams at track days will get you the experience you need.

Good luck!

• Like 1

Hello and welcome @PLance1!  Its always nice seeing new people wanting to join the series.  

Myself and @Z06LOL are located in Cincinnati as well.  We race a 93 Miata under the team Premature Accelerators.  We do offer arrive and drives to people, but on some track experience is very much preferred.  

We are in the middle of a fresh new build of the car.  Shoot one of us a message on here or our page on FB if you'd like to come check stuff out and discuss being more involved in Champcar.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...