Remote meeting to play darts...

During this time of nothing to do and not being able to be side by side with my buddies, i thought if a way to hang out.

@E. Tyler Pedersen and @bbaker480 are joining me for the Virtual Invitational Recreation unlimited Series of Darts.

We are planning to get our laptops out and basically have a web meeting where we drink beer and play darts over the internet.

Anybody have any other ideas to hang with friends while not being with them in the next few weeks?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

40510.thumb.jpeg.113bf29db9fdc4cb5ba0c5115919190b.jpeg

The initial V.I.R.u.S. dart league had a successful night!

@bbaker480 won 1 out of 3 (also lost by a single dart in first game).

I won the other 2.  Barely.

@E. Tyler Pedersen found something better to do tonight.

This was actually really fun and felt a lot like hanging out playing darts in person.

Good music, good beer, good conversation, and some competitive spirit all found through modern technology.

#willdoagain!

It would be awesome to setup some type of league where teams play.

The other game I thought that might work well in this format is beer pong.  As long as there are regulations related to table height and distance....  looking at you @NigelStu....

So, @IPF Racing, @MA506, @whoever else...  wanna play?

I miss all y'all already!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, wvumtnbkr said:

40510.thumb.jpeg.113bf29db9fdc4cb5ba0c5115919190b.jpeg

The initial V.I.R.u.S. dart league had a successful night!

@bbaker480 won 1 out of 3 (also lost by a single dart in first game).

I won the other 2.  Barely.

@E. Tyler Pedersen found something better to do tonight.

This was actually really fun and felt a lot like hanging out playing darts in person.

Good music, good beer, good conversation, and some competitive spirit all found through modern technology.

#willdoagain!

It would be awesome to setup some type of league where teams play.

The other game I thought that might work well in this format is beer pong.  As long as there are regulations related to table height and distance....  looking at you @NigelStu....

So, @IPF Racing, @MA506, @whoever else...  wanna play?

I miss all y'all already!

A few suggestions as this worked really well actually and feels like something we should do more frequently

1.  A webcam you can aim at the board while still looking at the screen is really nice.  It's good to be able to see both boards at the same time.

2.  More than two participants can be done streaming on Twitch, I haven't done it but I've watched enough people to know you can do it.

3.  Move the beer fridge closer to the basement, i.e. get a basement beer fridge once the beer flu is over.