C3 Vette

I dunno, I thought it was a pretty interesting build when they were 500 points.  After dropping the value so much, I’d almost be scared to build one now because as soon as they prove to be fast the VPI is going to jump way back up and you’ll be undoing a bunch of stuff.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ray Franck said:

They would have to dominate for a long time before adjustments could, should. , be made or come about .. maybe.

Didnt work that way with the SC300, built my car at 400 points and the next year it went to 500. Maybe will be different on this one. 

1 hour ago, karman1970 said:

I dunno, I thought it was a pretty interesting build when they were 500 points.  After dropping the value so much, I’d almost be scared to build one now because as soon as they prove to be fast the VPI is going to jump way back up and you’ll be undoing a bunch of stuff.

has that happened ever? 

13 minutes ago, TiredBirds said:

has that happened ever? 

Sc300.  And the kicker was that it was petitioned to be a higher starting vpi by the person building it.  Champcar said naw, that's the value.  Car was built and did pretty well, not overly dominant, and then champcar raised the value to 500.

It was a pretty crappy move all the way around.

1 hour ago, mender said:

Let's not forget the Thunderbird 100 point increase (that got reduced to 50 points) despite no podium presence let alone long-time domination.

I'm just talking about the "points" for go fast stuff that keeps getting dropped and dropped. Anything Pre-80 is 150 points for the most part. I stand corrected,, a pre 1980 Dodge Challenger is 100 points. So If I show up with a 340, 4 speed pushing 400hp and a tube front end because they are what now??? 25 points and get it all under 500 points.  Is the 6-pack an extra 100 or is it considered stock? And I don't want to here about tank size, don't care.. if we can pass 20 cars a lap that's all we need. 

1970-Challenger-800x435-800x435.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, TiredBirds said:

I'm just talking about the "points" for go fast stuff that keeps getting dropped and dropped. Anything Pre-80 is 150 points for the most part. I stand corrected,, a pre 1980 Dodge Challenger is 100 points. So If I show up with a 340, 4 speed pushing 400hp and a tube front end because they are what now??? 25 points and get it all under 500 points.  Is the 6-pack an extra 100 or is it considered stock? And I don't want to here about tank size, don't care.. if we can pass 20 cars a lap that's all we need. 

1970-Challenger-800x435-800x435.jpg

Call me when it's ready to race...

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/22/2020 at 2:45 PM, Ray Franck said:

You had better build a nice one if you are going to hang with the couple I have seen being bult.

Any special rulings, free parts, 2 point parts, etc.... we should know about?

• Like 3
  • Haha 2