6 Hours of Road America - Post-Race Review

Rapido

Another special endurance event down, and a great turnout for the 6 hours of iRacing. I hope that all those who participated enjoyed the event, and thank you for your continued support of these events - we truly believe they add something special to our ChampCar community in these uncertain times, and hope that we continue to enjoy big fields and close and respectful racing.

Congratulations to the Dangers Out crew of @Hurljohn, @Huggy and @Wyatt for overall victory in the Cayman class, with @Koffard and @Klenk taking the class win in the Mustang and @Justin Hall and Chris Flamion for a solid win in the Miata class. These are the provisional results for the event pending any final stewards decision, and we will update when the results are final.

Would like to take this opportunity to thank a few people who were involved in the organisation of this race. Many thanks to @dabneydfor a marathon stint as producer of the video stream, and to @David Haines , @Hugh Jass and @Devon Peters for their work in the commentary booth. Thanks to Andrew Fawcett and @smithk1 for their work both in Race Control, and for managing the field, protests, and cautions. Please send any feedback to myself via this forum or the Discord, and we will take all of these comments onboard.

The next event will be on 2-May at Charlotte and I will put up the registration post soon. Hope to see you all on track!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 7

Love Racing here. Definitely a huge thanks to everyone working this race and putting it together. This is great for our team to get out on track and experience some of the pressures and excitement of racing while we are at home. 

Mainly pretty good racing with a lot of faster cars being pretty aggressive. Considering a switch to a faster car for one team to try to get away from the constant divebombing last second with the speed differential we have. This is great practice for Champcar though!

• Like 1

I hope we kept the dive bombing to a minimum guys!  

I want to first say that Dangers Out had a great time racing with everyone.  We did our best to stay clean while maximizing average laptime against some hefty competition. 

Second i want to commned the HJBC boys on another outstanding performance.   The upgrades to the broadcast were fantastic and added another level of immersion to the experience. 

Lastly i want to thank the Champcar organization for supporting these events.  It was great seeing lots of the racing teams and drivers that i have enjoyed battling with over the years and listening to @Paulie and @Doc in the broadcast along with the HJBC crew was a treat.   I did miss @TAlexander...

Looking to forward to Charlotte and hopefully a few extra fast repairs!

John

Edited by Hurljohn
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Hurljohn said:

I hope we kept the dive bombing to a minimum guys!  

I want to first say that Dangers Out had a great time racing with everyone.  We did our best to stay clean while maximizing average laptime against some hefty competition. 

Second i want to commned the HJBC boys on another outstanding performance.   The upgrades to the broadcast were fantastic and added another level of immersion to the experience. 

Lastly i want to thank the Champcar organization for supporting these events.  It was great seeing lots of the racing teams and drivers that i have enjoyed battling with over the years and listening to @Paulie and @Doc in the broadcast along with the HJBC crew was a treat.   I did miss @TAlexander...

Looking to forward to Charlotte and hopefully a few extra fast repairs!

John

I missed this altogether, hate I missed the race.  Good going to my boys at Dangers Out for pulling out the win.

• Like 2

Thanks to everyone involved for putting on another amazing race. I'm also happy to report that putting in the race fuel before you start the race is a big help! My apologies to Shane Cameron of Village Idiots if some of my stupid wore off on you after Daytona, haha. Had a good time battling with JDA and crew in addition to a few others. Most of the faster traffic was pretty well behaved overall. I look forward to racing again at Charlotte

• Like 3