2020 Alabama Grand Prix - Barber Motorsports Park Double 8+7-Hour enduro results

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Gallant Mystical Sh...  Racing had a pretty good weekend!  (GMS Racing)   No spins.  No real offs.  No contact.   Day 1....  Well, apparently the new build is maximized for dry run

So I finally had enough courage to watch what my driver did. His defense was he wanted to go straight to pit road......(never ever ever ever go backwards on a race track). It wasn’t nearly as bad as w

The Hong Norrth Supra had a bad day and a good day. First - Thanks to Burningham for the Friday night BBQ!!  Also thanks to the Champcar staff for a well-run event.    Saturday we were runni

Posted Images

• Technical Advisory Committee
34 minutes ago, Huggy said:

Letterkenny Allegedly Ostrich Vinyl Sticker Decal | Letterkenny, Country  girl tattoos, Vinyl sticker

Its in there, I just don’t turn it on for you. 

Edit: I always miss opportunities. I should have said I could see you fine when I passed you for the lead Saturday. 

Edited by Burningham
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
2 hours ago, E. Tyler Pedersen said:

I have been applying g shaving cream to the inside of the windshields recently. Its worked wonders. Ask @Gkuhn41 because he thought I was crazy. Oh and it makes your interior smell awesome. 

^^^This^^^ ¬† ¬† ¬†We had a "sponge on a stick" but never needed it with the shaving cream. Apply sparingly or the residue can start foaming - ask me how I know.¬†ūü§£

On 12/16/2020 at 3:56 PM, Burningham said:

Well, there must be a back story because you guys are always safe and predictable and fast.  Not as fast as our minivan, but fast.

So I finally had enough courage to watch what my driver did. His defense was he wanted to go straight to pit road......(never ever ever ever go backwards on a race track). It wasn’t nearly as bad as what I was expecting (in the process of uploading). He did go the wrong way on the track but for a very short distance (I know, stay with me for a second) on the inside grass so he could see the flagger. Once he made eye contact with the flagger he expressed what he wanted to do and the flagger gave him the signal when it was clear to cross. He didn’t want to drag a broken car all the way around the track. If he did just continue he would have realized the car was perfectly alright, we wouldn’t have flubbed the recovery and we wouldn’t have looked like a bunch of idiots to our fellow racers. Like the VIR24 our reaction to the problem was much worse than the problem to start. 

• Like 6
3 hours ago, E. Tyler Pedersen said:

I have been applying g shaving cream to the inside of the windshields recently. Its worked wonders. Ask @Gkuhn41 because he thought I was crazy. Oh and it makes your interior smell awesome. 

We tried that at our first 24 and we never got it right.  Rain x took a few attempts but we’ve got it down now

We under reacted at VIR24 and over reacted here. Once he came in we were already committed to a driver only stop before the Sunday break so we decided to do it now/then when he came in early because of the contact. The next driver wasn’t ready so we just left the first wheel monkey in after getting him out. By the time we went back out we’d lost almost two laps and we needed to stop again before the break for the driver change we didn’t do at the unscheduled stop. We then decided 901 was out of the hunt for the win but 903 still had a chance (it was running second at the time). We then decided to put all our fastest drivers from Saturday in 903 knowing she was fast but usually has small reliability issue (the ECU went bad Saturday dropping her down). By the time 903 was half way through her third driver we had an advantage over everyone but the Porsche. We then got a black flag for contact with the Nova (video tells me it was a racing thing.....each didn’t spin or lose time.....but also see why we got penalized.....). Now we didn’t have a chance at the top with 903 but was still looking at a decent finish. Then the fuel pump fuse blew (still investigating why). So both cars were out of it now. 901 could have still managed a top ten but we decided to make sure everyone got enough time in the cars so we did extra stops to make sure that happen. 

Edited by frankrehnelt

Well this all sounds familiar as our 150 car was doing really well and looking at moving up near podium. Jeff finished his stint and came in for fuel and a driver change to Patrick. Fueled and ready to go back out when it would not start and thinking it was the ECU in limp mode we disconnected the battery to reset everything, but still no go so we tried a push with no luck. Now you guessed it it had blown the fuel pump fuse. Pulled the fuse above and swapped it and it fired up and sent him out while I ran to the trailer to get the wiring fuse chart to see what I pulled. Lights and thought all good but then it also listed brake lights so called him back in to put new fuses in. Out of the hunt and still finished well.

I think all the rain and wet might have caused some issues with power. Who knows.

5 hours ago, frankrehnelt said:

at 9:30 in. 

That doesn't seem so bad, see I figured there was more to the story.  

Wheel monkey.... I like that term, I think I'll steal it.

3 hours ago, frankrehnelt said:

Then the fuel pump fuse blew (still investigating why).

1 hour ago, wvumtnbkr said:

Weirdly, the only time we had a fuel pump fuse blew, it was because of the fans in the brake ducts shorted out and somehow took out the fuel pump fuse as well as the fan fuse....

1 hour ago, 55mini said:

Now you guessed it it had blown the fuel pump fuse. Pulled the fuse above and swapped it and it fired up and sent him out while I ran to the trailer to get the wiring fuse chart to see what I pulled.

So, the Lexus had none of these issues.  It ran flawlessly all day in the rain.  Did I tell y'all that?  

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Burningham said:

So, the Lexus had none of these issues.  It ran flawlessly all day in the rain.  Did I tell y'all that?  

And you look super cool getting in through that sliding door

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
1 hour ago, Burningham said:

Ran flawless but it spent time in the litter box at turn one. At least you didn’t try and drive the wrong way to pit road. The fuse was not a BMW part btw. It was a Frankie....aka head pit monkey.....concoction.  

17 minutes ago, frankrehnelt said:

Ran flawless but it spent time in the litter box at turn one. At least you didn’t try and drive the wrong way to pit road. The fuse was not a BMW part btw. It was a Frankie....aka head pit monkey.....concoction.  

Yeah, well that was Sunday.  I guess Wheel Monkey at the time got tired of driving on the same surface over and over and over so he decided to see what off roadin' was like.  Anyway, enough about Sunday, let's get back to Saturday.  Saturday was awesome.

and.....

Lexus.thumb.jpg.6e641e828941622be62cada1c5397acd.jpg

Edited by Burningham
3 hours ago, Burningham said:

It was a blast racing with you Sunday. You have some "interesting lines" around Barber¬†ūüėĄ¬†¬† ¬†I don't know if you let me by on purpose during the restart after Quiet time when the #901 "guided" me off the track and you got by, but I appreciated the courtesy on the front straight.¬†

Edited by revvhappy
18 hours ago, revvhappy said:

It was a blast racing with you Sunday. You have some "interesting lines" around Barber¬†ūüėĄ¬†¬† ¬†I don't know if you let me by on purpose during the restart after Quiet time when the #901 "guided" me off the track and you got by, but I appreciated the courtesy on the front straight.¬†

Chris started after the quiet hour and raced with you until we took a stop about 12:30, then I came back out right in front of you and raced you for a while so you got both of us during that stint.  Here is a segment of video of you in front of him.  

On 12/18/2020 at 3:32 PM, Jab31169 said:

We had good luck with the rainx defogger stuff at the monsoon at barber.

We tried that @ road america didnt work well. I went to @E. Tyler Pedersen 

On 12/19/2020 at 7:57 AM, E. Tyler Pedersen said:

I didnt think you were crazy actually. i did think it was crazy that it was working well for you guys while our purpose built rainX wasnt tho.

RainX<Shaving Cream<Warm Dry Air