We've got an AIM Smarty Cam in our car, we were looking to get the Live feed back in our pit or on Champcar Live. Can't seem to find anything in the AIM paperwork about making that happen. Anyone have any experience "broadcasting" there Smarty cam feed?

If the camera or aim unit has an HDMI out, then you can use a HDMI to wifi converter, then have that converter connect to a RTMP server like YouTube via a hotspot. 

21 hours ago, MalHombre said:

We've got an AIM Smarty Cam in our car, we were looking to get the Live feed back in our pit or on Champcar Live. Can't seem to find anything in the AIM paperwork about making that happen. Anyone have any experience "broadcasting" there Smarty cam feed?

I asked AIM about having it live and they said they have no intentions of doing that anytime soon. I also have the AIM smarty cam and run the YI4K.  My thought was to get a small tablet, that my ecu can bluetooth to, and have a gauge setup, though it would not show the trackmap or G forces. 

I've looked into this as well.  The way the Smartycam does it's overlay doesn't adapt well to a "video out" to be able to broadcast.

If you like the video, with overlay that you can broadcast...

You could take a look at:

https://candelaria-racing.com/

I have no relationship with them, I just know a team using their systems.

My understanding is that they will soon have CAN bus input to overlay what ever you would like from a data bus in your car. 

• Like 1