99 Boxster Jumpstarted Project

Life events and earlier semi-retirement are altering my plans. The Boxster I started on is going to go. It's a 99 Texas car so no rust. The interior is stripped, it is caged (a very nice TIG welded install), it has a brand new OMP Halo seat and Willword Pedal box(with mount installed. The ABS unit and Booster have been removed. Also has the fiberglass top. The chassis wiring harness has been removed, the engine wiring harness and stock ECU remain. There's fresh Maxxis rubber on OEM wheels, (with 4 of the 7 inch wheels included for rains, etc)

The car is in Austin area (Harris Hill). PM me for pics and price discussion...

Edit to add: the car had 96k on the odo when i bought it...

Edited by atxe30
  • Like 1
  • Sad 3

I've been worked swamped so the additional pictures are behind but will make it here shortly. Figured I'd go ahead and post price and also the carfax on the vehicle. there's not much to add to initial description other than that it's got a new odyssey powersport battery and mount in OEM batt location and also it comes with a Flagtronics kit and the Sir Tools rear bearing tool kit (if you know this car, you know this is kind of a good thing to have).

The price is $11k which is a lot less than i'm into it for so it's a fair deal. If you are able to come check it out, or have someone do it, that would be the best bet. It's up on jack stands in my garage at HH so pretty easy to go over it in detail.

CARFAX Vehicle History Report for this 1999 PORSCHE BOXSTER WP0CA2980XU625029.pdf

25 minutes ago, atxe30 said:

I've been worked swamped so the additional pictures are behind but will make it here shortly. Figured I'd go ahead and post price and also the carfax on the vehicle. there's not much to add to initial description other than that it's got a new odyssey powersport battery and mount in OEM batt location and also it comes with a Flagtronics kit and the Sir Tools rear bearing tool kit (if you know this car, you know this is kind of a good thing to have).

The price is $11k which is a lot less than i'm into it for so it's a fair deal. If you are able to come check it out, or have someone do it, that would be the best bet. It's up on jack stands in my garage at HH so pretty easy to go over it in detail.

CARFAX Vehicle History Report for this 1999 PORSCHE BOXSTER WP0CA2980XU625029.pdf 467.85 kB · 1 download

Was there something wrong with the stock pedals ?

Posted (edited)
23 hours ago, DEE DEE said:

Was there something wrong with the stock pedals ?

no, but the pedal box uses two separate master cylinders for front/rear brakes that are sized to match the braking system and which are adjustable via an in cockpit bias control. allows the driver to modulate front / rear ratio based on track and conditions.

this is just a different approach to brake system setup from the OEM gear.

Edited by atxe30

23 minutes ago, JDChristianson said:

What is this ABS you speak of?   Sounds like witchcraft   

ABS, as in abdominals, as in a 6-pack, as in ripped muscles.  I haven't seen mine in many, many years.  Yes, witchcraft.

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)

Hey folks, apologies on delay on more photos, was work swamped then out of town.

Here's the link to the shared album: https://www.icloud.com/sharedalbum/#B10G4TcsmGv6mkZ

I do not have the OEM pedals or ABS unit, sorry.

oh, one more item, I forget to mention that cage was built by Russ Walker here in Austin. Was referred to him by several PCA Spec B folks.

Edited by atxe30