https://photos.app.goo.gl/CkmAkWkvzdmZL3yN8

Tuesday 8-Hour
2627 Images by Bill Strong

https://photos.app.goo.gl/WmmnHAfihWzJTDBZA

Awards
https://photos.app.goo.gl/L6ugg5u9YMRR9c3XA

Kurt Russell quick uploads

https://www.facebook.com/994219087288118/posts/5188246134552038/

www.tombeersphoto.com. Click portfolio, click ChampCar and enter password ChampCar. I will be editing and posting more on my website daily. If you have an Instagram, you can find me @tombeersphoto. Follow me, so I can tag you if I post photo of your car. Hope to see everyone at a future event. Thank you.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, petawawarace said:

Anyone else having trouble seeing the live timing?  All the names are just showing up as “waiting for data”. But times and laps are showing fine.  

Race hero has been good to me. I should really get back to work though... lol

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Grant said:

I'll spoil the results for ya: #225 FlatOut SC300 with KSR and Cleetus completes the most laps 😛

Nevermind; their battery shorted out. Kevin says they're done.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

25 minutes ago, Grant said:

Nevermind; their battery shorted out. Kevin says they're done.

Bummer, but more importantly who FTD!  lol

Ole Cleet, did surprisingly well in his truck race.  I know @Kevin Smith has done pretty well at the Roundy racing at the freedom factory and obviously with us.

Edited by Hurljohn

9 hours ago, Hurljohn said:

Bummer, but more importantly who FTD!  lol

FTD was a 1:32.3. David Tenney's #225 SC300 wasn't significantly altered in probably 6 years. Kevin literally bought it last week, changed the fluids, cut off maybe 1 lb of excess weight, then took it racing. Sadly the Optima Yellow Top wasn't changed either, which is why it didn't win.

With modern tires (I suggested GYSC3s), revalved shocks, stiffer springs, and weight reduction, I think FTD would have been possible.

Edited by Grant
  • Like 2

On 4/18/2022 at 3:45 PM, Bill Strong said:

Race Results - Coming soon

Event Images
Friday Move-In - 

by Bill Strong

https://photos.app.goo.gl/CkmAkWkvzdmZL3yN8

Saturday 8-Hour

Bill's pictures Coming soon

Awards
https://photos.app.goo.gl/L6ugg5u9YMRR9c3XA

Kurt Russell quick uploads

https://www.facebook.com/994219087288118/posts/5188246134552038/

Friday and Saturday just jumped out at me.  Lolz.

Congratulations to Floridiots for winning the last race at PBIR. You guys are constantly in the hunt and yesterday was your day. Well done at keeping at it. Enjoy that trophy.

Shout out to Valyrian/Blue Steel. You guys always make it fun and challenging. Good luck at The Ozarks.

Congratulations to Mike Coleman and the Start Racing Miata team, missing out on third place on the last lap. Keep doing what you are doing. It will happen.

And a very special thanks to Adam, Dana and the Champcar staff for putting together the opportunity for Champcar to be the last race held at PBIR. My first time at the track was back in 1993, a lifetime ago. Pretty cool to be involved in its "Sunset". 

Edited by Mazmarc
  • Like 13

12 hours ago, Grant said:

FTD was a 1:32.3. David Tenney's #225 SC300 wasn't significantly altered in probably 6 years. Kevin literally bought it last week, changed the fluids, cut off maybe 1 lb of excess weight, then took it racing. Sadly the Optima Yellow Top wasn't changed either, which is why it didn't win.

With modern tires (I suggested GYSC3s), revalved shocks, stiffer springs, and weight reduction, I think FTD would have been possible.

Always the facts guy Grant!  I was more interested in stoking the rivalry between the two individual drivers!

As we have reduced weight, stiffer springs have become less of a requirement!  We may have a ride height issue now, not sure, we have some testing to do and regrettably we didn't measure before and after ride heights since the car was a little mangled prior to recent weight reduction.

3 hours ago, Mazmarc said:

Congratulations to Floridiots for winning the last race at PBIR. You guys are constantly in the hunt and yesterday was your day. Well done at keeping at it. Enjoy that trophy.

Shout out to Valyrian/Blue Steel. You guys always make it fun and challenging. Good luck at The Ozarks.

Congratulations to Mike Coleman and the Start Racing Miata team, missing out on third place on the last lap. Keep doing what you are doing. It will happen.

And a very special thanks to Adam, Dana and the Champcar staff for putting together the opportunity for Champcar to be the last race held at PBIR. My first time at the track was back in 1993, a lifetime ago. Pretty cool to be involved in its "Sunset". 

Agreed, Congrats to the Florida Idiots!  

6 hours ago, Mazmarc said:

Thanks Marc. Tim here - Mikes’ teal and magenta Miata was a blast to drive. We just put gas in her and changed tires at the start of the 2nd half and that was it. Thanks Mike for a well prepped car. I was in the car for the last stint - never fished a race before so that was cool. I got in the car in P6 and I was thinking cool, let’s get a top 5. Pushed hard for the first 1.5 hrs. With 20 minutes to go radio crackles we are in 3rd just hit your marks and we are good - 4th place is in the same lap but at the back of the field.  I respond cool going into cruise control car preservation mode -  I will never say that again. So, I followed Ed around for awhile watching him fish tail that thing all over the track - thinking come on Ed, take me home. After seeing his door a few times I’m like I gotta get around him or we both crash - finally got him in the corners. Then at around 12 minutes I hear pick up the pace TLM is coming. Too late - lost 3rd and a shiny trophy by 4 seconds UGH UGH UGH. Back to back top 10s for us. We are close, now need to start thinking harder about strategy and updating the driver on where the other competitors are. Oh well off to Watkins. Thanks ChampCar for the fine event. Mike, we will get you that first trophy soon. At least we had the pleasure of going to impound ;)  Keep showing us pictures of Marcs kitchen island trophy case for motivation. Haa haa 

Very sorry to see the shark car in the wall at the end!!!

Edited by NGO28
  • Like 8

Wow, just wow.  Many thanks to the Champcar staff, Adam and the track workers who made this all happen.  Hopefully it won't be the end for the track but only time will tell.  I've been racing there since the mid 80s on the drag strip, kart track, and road course.  Many, many great memories; money wins, late nights, broken cars, close losses, and my son cut his teeth on the kart track at 5 years old and now racing Champcar with us.  So it was a sad day but appreciated celebration of many, many years of racing.  

And what a way to end our last race at the track.  By luck of the draw we missed the poll by one pit stall but on the wrong side of the bingo ball.  So P46 it was for us - only one way to go but up!!  My son's first stint starting a race and he ends up in the back.  Lucky for us he's a good and determined racer and by the end of our first stint had worked our way up to 25th.  Next driver (another kart racer) took the wheel and 30 minutes into his stint we blew out a valve stem on the driver rear and destroyed the tire.  A quick stop to switch over to our spare set and with only 3 laps lost he was back out.  Fresh tires are definitely an advantage as he was able to clock in our fastest laps of the day @ 1:38.+ and move us up to inside the top 20 by the lunch break.  Back out after lunch was my nephew who is new to racing and only his second stint after his debut at Daytona.  He was doing well, staying consistent, improving over time and running some decent laps by end of his stint, getting some passing and being passed experience and ended up with us still inside the top 20.  We did have to bring him in mid stint to move the driver side tires front to back as the track was just killing the Maxxis.  Once he was done, I jumped in for the last stint and while not laying down any trail blazing lap times I had more tire management on my mind and wanting to finish under the checker.  I still have to check the results but believe I ended up gaining us another position but had a blast regardless.  When Sharkey went into the wall I ended up 3rd behind the safety car and knowing the leaders were behind me was an interesting situation.  I knew they were going to be bringing it at the green and we are 5-7s slower per lap - so I just ran my line and made sure to keep the door open for when they all came blasting by me, which they did.  Made it to the end with some fun wheel to wheel racing.

For us this was a Champcar milestone.  We started this with zero experience on a build with an Acura Integra 3 years ago.  Zero experience and knowledge with Honda anything except my wife's Accord.  (secretly I wish we built a Chevy anything....).  Last year we raced our first CC at PBIR, Sebring, then Daytona.  Every time getting tripped up with some major issue causing us lots of down time.  With guidance and encouragement from Team Infinity, Sharkey 2, and Ed we kept at it.  Special thanks to them and especially Ed for all the knowledge and insight and reminding me to keep the 'fun factor' in view.  This was the first race we ran flag to flag without major incident and I'd call a top 20 finish a damn good result for our overweight 120hp car.  We are having a great time and looking forward to Sebring in July.  Again thanks to everyone for a great last event at PBIR - goes right into the pile with the rest of those I made there over the last 35 years!!

• Like 10

4 hours ago, Todd K said:

Wow, just wow.  Many thanks to the Champcar staff, Adam and the track workers who made this all happen.  Hopefully it won't be the end for the track but only time will tell.  I've been racing there since the mid 80s on the drag strip, kart track, and road course.  Many, many great memories; money wins, late nights, broken cars, close losses, and my son cut his teeth on the kart track at 5 years old and now racing Champcar with us.  So it was a sad day but appreciated celebration of many, many years of racing.  

Hey Todd, so glad to see you racing with and creating great memories with the boys...sad day for sure but the future is bright with what your building with them...I was there with my uncle for the first time back in '83 as a 16yr old for the one and only Trans-Am race held there and can still remember seeing Paul Newman in the Turbo Z, Willy T and all the American Iron and the 930 of Ludwig Heimrath and the 924 Turbo Carrera Porsche...still great memories almost 40 years later...Moroso/PBIR will be missed

Taylor Lohman and Corey Towles say hello from Jax...

Brian Lohman

Edited by Racer7x
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Racer7x said:

Hey Todd, so glad to see you racing with and creating great memories with the boys...sad day for sure and the future is bright with what your building with them...I was there with my uncle for the first time back in '83 as a 16yr old for the one and only Trans-Am race held there and can still remember seeing Paul Newman in the Turbo Z, Willy T and all the American Iron and the 930 of Ludwig Heimrath and the 924 Turbo Carrera Porsche...still great memories almost 40 years later...Moroso/PBIR will be missed

Taylor Lohman and Corey Towles say hello from Jax...

Brian Lohman

Brian - nice to hear from you.  I look back at all the FKCS racers, some of who have gone on to achieve some great things at all levels and series.  Great memories and we just keep on making more.  Hope to see you at the track one of these days!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Todd K said:

Once he was done, I jumped in for the last stint and while not laying down any trail blazing lap times I had more tire management on my mind and wanting to finish under the checker.  I still have to check the results but believe I ended up gaining us another position but had a blast regardless.  When Sharkey went into the wall I ended up 3rd behind the safety car and knowing the leaders were behind me was an interesting situation.  I knew they were going to be bringing it at the green and we are 5-7s slower per lap - so I just ran my line and made sure to keep the door open for when they all came blasting by me, which they did.  Made it to the end with some fun wheel to wheel racing.

You were in the black Acura?  I think I was behind you in the white 944.  I was trying to catch you but was having trouble finding grip at the end of the day.  After the infiniti went into the wall in front of me I decided to back off a bit and not take chances so close to the end.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, ddombrowski said:

infiniti...wall

Your car had 2 cams but neither working?

A bit embarrassing of a 1 car mistake, we have it on our vid, know what/why it happened and will post something quickly recapping, Daytona, pit stop fire, PBIR, tires, last minute crash, subsequent power steering/engine oil fire later, right now Im dealing with some very stressful family health issues.

Amazingly, after 55+ races, 300+ pit stops, we have 2 races in a row w/2 fires + a shunt.   Right now all that matters: No injuries.

Also, a safety related tech tip about the most unexpected residual fire bottle powder damage.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, ddombrowski said:

No.  We had one cam and it was working, though the color is a little washed out due to the brightness.  I'll see if I can find the video.

Not a big deal if you can’t, one car accident, driver just lost the back, it was his second lap out and didn’t take consideration two different tire compounds on the left and right rears added after his previous stint.

FB78502B-916A-4C8A-B23B-849068DFA149.jpeg

Edited by Team Infiniti
  • Sad 5

Can't speak for all the Rocketeers,  but I had a blast. Not so much during my stint, but to see my son out racing for the first time at the same place where I first raced. It was an emotional day for sure. 

As for the race, we ran the whole race on old used sets of tires. Had I know how grippy the track was, I would've brought my new set of RS4's. With all the tire swaps, a bad front wheel bearing, and the loss of a couple of opportunities to pit under full course caution, we literally watched the race run away from us. 

Non the less, I have a couple of pictures, a laggy live stream, and the memory to relive the moments of my son having a blast of his first race. Which has been a dream for many years 

received_662227001747896.jpeg

IMG_1277.jpg

• Like 12