• Administrators
49.jpg   October 8-October 9, 2022
CANADIAN TIRE MOTORSPORT PARK (MOSPORT): 8+7-Hour Enduro, $1375
Bowmanville, ON
"Canadian Grand Prix - presented by Perry Performance & Competition"
Early Pay Discount Ends: August 9, 2022
Event Director: carlwener@hotmail.com

• 4 weeks later...

I was looking at entering, but with the last two Canadian events cancelled I assume this will be as well.  No point booking the time off of work to finish the car (and race that weekend) and getting the team excited.  Is the only option for Canadians going to events in the Northeast USA?  Can we hope for a season next year or is there anything else like this in Canada?

• 2 weeks later...
19 hours ago, MikeD said:

I have yet to see this officially cancelled. However the CTMP website lists ASE lapping day on 10/8 and 10/9. The ASE Lapping website states that the Champcar race has been cancelled for that weekend. 

Ohh it’s very much cancelled. There wouldn’t be the lapping days if it wasn’t.

There will be no more champ style events run by the Perry auto gang in Canada. Too much hassle and way too many whiners.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 4

14 hours ago, Mopar 4 Life said:

Ohh it’s very much cancelled. There wouldn’t be the lapping days if it wasn’t.

There will be no more champ style events run by the Perry auto gang in Canada. Too much hassle and way too many whiners.

Really sad to see this trend continue, no racers signing up for such a great track and event! Last year we traveled from Iowa and had a blast up north.

Can't say enough good things about Carl and the Perry group, best time of any Champcar event to date in the last eight years we have raced our cars!!!

Hats off to all you boys and a huge thanks!

• Like 1

On 8/31/2022 at 9:30 AM, 55mini said:

Really sad to see this trend continue, no racers signing up for such a great track and event! Last year we traveled from Iowa and had a blast up north.

Can't say enough good things about Carl and the Perry group, best time of any Champcar event to date in the last eight years we have raced our cars!!!

Hats off to all you boys and a huge thanks!

That says a lot when you consider that this is how their Saturday night started.

DSC_1615.JPG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, oblio125 said:

That says a lot when you consider that this is how their Saturday night started.

DSC_1615.JPG

I have to laugh because I'm in the drivers suit and totally missed a shift in the wet that required us to change an entire corner and appoligize for a mistake which resulted in conact.  It was an amazing track, run extremely well, and driven better than any other race I been apart of in the series considering the closing speeds.  We have raced from Las Vegas, Road America, Barber, and Mosport.... Canada wins in my opinion.  Only time I know of that drivers were held responsible for on track issues regardless of "fault".  I wish we could have swung it this year to come back as a team.......

• Like 3

• Bill Strong changed the title to 2022 Canadian Grand Prix - Canceled