Well Done!

dweymer

It was good to meet all the people I did this weekend, and say Hi to those I have raced with before. The chumpcar organizers did a great job, and have created and continue to foster a great environment for crap can racers. I was really bummed about not getting the car ready in time, but being there was a nice second best. Congrats to the winners, and all that actually started the race....ya beat me!!!

An absolute great event! These fine folks with the CCWS are second to none. It was a pleasure finally meeting you John, Cathy, LLoyd, and everyone else! The officiating was superb and allowed us to have some REAL racing. I have to admit I had a couple of silly 'offs' that would have gotten me black flagged in LeMons but not here. Myself and my team greatly appreciates it!

The track is a wicked quick little track!! I could tell this by watching the black camaro, jetta, benz and fiero blow our doors off every so often... The track was also wicked abrasive. We used up all our tires except for one.

I really like the 14 hour straight format. It allowed for both day and night driving and still allowed us to get our drink on at 1am back at the hotel!! In fact, I'm kinda glad it was changed to a 14 hour race... We were running 4th at the end but I do wonder where would we have been if we ran the full 24.

Just curious for those with speedometers, what were your speeds at the end of the front straight or at the end of the backstraight before turning into the road course?

Thanks everyone once again!! Great show!!

Travis

TAJ Racing

Once the car owner finds out how much our tach is off, I can tell you approx top speed, but until then all I know is the tach HAS TO BE OFF by alot, because calculating gear ratios, tire size, and rpm......I wasnt going that fast.

A BIG THANKS TO CHUMPCAR AND STAFF(especially the corner workers and flagmen), I have run Lemons and will say I never will again. I can kind of understand those guys coming from Seattle now....OK maybe not, but it was very fun. Chump is the best racing bang for the buck going anywhere at any level. Thank you for offering many off us a chance and place to RACE. The whole weekend went very smooth, was laid back and well run. I cant wait for VIR and more.

And a BIG thanks to the #11 Jetta team, drivers and crew, thanks for being our pit crew. Through 2 flat tires and our fuel stops every 1 1/2 hours, you were always there with more than enough people to do the job and did it quick.

We sat in the garage for 40 minutes at around 11:45Am trying to find out the source of our fluid leak to find nothing leaking. We had a large puddle on pitroad and the under side was soaked. We went back out for 5 laps, came down pitroad to check for leaks, nothing leaking.....discussed it further and figured out that we blew the fluid out of the right rear shock. Yes it is a dead shock now, but it handles better know than it did before, but turns out that it killed the right rear tire by 9PM.

Hi guys. Just got back from my 10 hour tow (so glad I don't live in Seattle). I'll admit; I was a little apprehensive going into this one (my first Chump car). I was wrong: this was one KICK-donkey event. Well run & you guys let us RACE!

Next time we'll definitely bring more tires. We finished on our full tread rains.

Our Suby acted-up and kept us off the track for about 3 hours total, but we were running at the end and everyone on our team had a blast!!

Thanks guys.

All the Chumpsters should be congratulated on a fantastic event. What a nice bunch of folks to come race with. Hassle free efficient registration & tech. Superb racing on the track!

In spite of one kid getting sick and the storm trashing our retractable awing on the trailer on Friday night, we had a really good time. All the teams performed well and on-track behavior was excellent. Considering the state of our car, 14 hours was plenty. The only down side was with the need to exit right after the race, there really wasn't much time to socialize with folks.

Looking forward to next year.

CHeers,

Ken

Sweede Lil Pigs - Still wondering how the heck we got on the podium!

Saab 900

An absolute great event! These fine folks with the CCWS are second to none. It was a pleasure finally meeting you John, Cathy, LLoyd, and everyone else! The officiating was superb and allowed us to have some REAL racing. I have to admit I had a couple of silly 'offs' that would have gotten me black flagged in LeMons but not here. Myself and my team greatly appreciates it!

The track is a wicked quick little track!! I could tell this by watching the black camaro, jetta, benz and fiero blow our doors off every so often... The track was also wicked abrasive. We used up all our tires except for one.

I really like the 14 hour straight format. It allowed for both day and night driving and still allowed us to get our drink on at 1am back at the hotel!! In fact, I'm kinda glad it was changed to a 14 hour race... We were running 4th at the end but I do wonder where would we have been if we ran the full 24.

Just curious for those with speedometers, what were your speeds at the end of the front straight or at the end of the backstraight before turning into the road course?

Thanks everyone once again!! Great show!!

Travis

TAJ Racing

One of the drivers with a speedo told someone 125 out of NASCAR T2. I believe it. The Jetta was floating through there.

Once the car owner finds out how much our tach is off, I can tell you approx top speed, but until then all I know is the tach HAS TO BE OFF by alot, because calculating gear ratios, tire size, and rpm......I wasnt going that fast.

A BIG THANKS TO CHUMPCAR AND STAFF(especially the corner workers and flagmen), I have run Lemons and will say I never will again. I can kind of understand those guys coming from Seattle now....OK maybe not, but it was very fun. Chump is the best racing bang for the buck going anywhere at any level. Thank you for offering many off us a chance and place to RACE. The whole weekend went very smooth, was laid back and well run. I cant wait for VIR and more.

And a BIG thanks to the #11 Jetta team, drivers and crew, thanks for being our pit crew. Through 2 flat tires and our fuel stops every 1 1/2 hours, you were always there with more than enough people to do the job and did it quick.

We sat in the garage for 40 minutes at around 11:45Am trying to find out the source of our fluid leak to find nothing leaking. We had a large puddle on pitroad and the under side was soaked. We went back out for 5 laps, came down pitroad to check for leaks, nothing leaking.....discussed it further and figured out that we blew the fluid out of the right rear shock. Yes it is a dead shock now, but it handles better know than it did before, but turns out that it killed the right rear tire by 9PM.

No problem on the help. Glad to see the Fiero making laps. That's what it is all about. You guys are going to be at VIR, right? I will probably take the Jetta up that way seeing as how it is still intact.

• Race Control

What a blast! This was our first ChumpCar event and we could not have had more fun. Yes we did have some trouble and had to rebuild the top end of our motor, but most of my team still thought that was half the fun! Everyone was laid back and friendly, I can't remember how many guys showed up at various times to help us under the hood. There was competition out there but not the bad blood kind, just good old back yard fun competition. The race organizers were on top of things which shows they might just be getting the hang of this racing thing ;) , and the corner workers and pit road staff were top notch. Ya'll did a great job! We've got some thrashing to do for VIR, but we are definately going to be there. Oh, and my calculations had the Camaro pulling 104mph coming out of turn 2. 105 would have meant kissing the wall!

Well, I'll never say never... but 125 sounds a little high... unless this was a lap taken AFTER someone (name withheld to avoid 50 penalty laps at the next event) took out all the choke-down cones going into T1. I can see 125 if a fast car entered T1 and T2 without any chicane/cones, but with the cones, and following the course as Rockingham management and ChumpCar laid it out, we estimated top speed to be 115 going into T3 on the back straight. Using the "designated course," I was tapping my brakes for stability going into T1 from the front stratight, then flat out in 4th through the T1 apron in my Miata, then hit 5th gear at 104mph on the back-straight... and that was the best I could get. I found the T5-T6 and Nascar T4 combination to be the best set of corners on the track. Real technical stuff to get it perfect, which I was only able to do a few times.

John

Remember John, I am not in a piece of Miata. ;)

Also, didn't hit the brakes going into T1 after about the 10th lap I ran.

What a blast! This was our first ChumpCar event and we could not have had more fun. Yes we did have some trouble and had to rebuild the top end of our motor, but most of my team still thought that was half the fun! Everyone was laid back and friendly, I can't remember how many guys showed up at various times to help us under the hood. There was competition out there but not the bad blood kind, just good old back yard fun competition. The race organizers were on top of things which shows they might just be getting the hang of this racing thing ;) , and the corner workers and pit road staff were top notch. Ya'll did a great job! We've got some thrashing to do for VIR, but we are definately going to be there. Oh, and my calculations had the Camaro pulling 104mph coming out of turn 2. 105 would have meant kissing the wall!

This. Makes me wish I lived closer so I could do more races with y'all.

Hey , What a great event, the team/crew consences was easy, WE LOVED CHUMP Racing.

As for speed, I was told by one of my drivers that he hit 135 late in the event, might not be accurate but i bet its close.

I warned you that Baby Benz was MEAN :angry:

I offically HATE colapsable steering collum parts and will fix that for the next event (VIR)

I had to twist arms to get guys to run the Rock, at the end I had guys asking to get to drive VIR.

Amazing what a lil time in first place does for the interest in driving a Mercedes.

I THANK John, Erik, Cathy and Loyd, I am sure there are more but i am bad with names, for there help, there patience, there understanding and there willingness to stick with a few racers who want to REALLY RACE!!!!

I am sure the word will get out and you will have more RACERS than you can imagine.

I was told many years ago, "if you treat adults as adults they will for the most part act like adults" Point made at Rockingham!!!!!

THANK YOU ALL AT CHUMPCAR.........

Hey, today(tuesday) we got out the calculators.

That 135 that a driver told me, NOT happening,

You know a crewchief just cant believe anything a driver tells him.

We might have barly gotten into the 120s.

So honesty aside, its still fast and hopefully relaiable.

I dont like thrashin at the track, and cant believe a steering tube twisted apart, it will NOT do it again.

See you all at VIR...... :angry: