Road America vids and pics

Big Jim Slade

Thanks Glen. Had GoPro issues (again), so only have 35 or so minutes of footage after the start. The first corner doesn't even go all that well as I have a little 4th gear shift bobble and the green Miata makes a nice move up the inside into 1 and gets me. Although I move to the front into 5 on the second lap, I only hold the lead (obviously not overall) for one full lap. Then I leave the inside open through the carousel on lap 4 and the Emitlaer (#421) takes me. To make things worse, I make a bad call trying to repass him into 12 and get held up behind the little white Triumph and he not only retains the lead, but Mayhem sneaks through. Then an epic three car battle ensues that lasts the entire stint between one proper RWD car and two FWD Honda's :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Been there.... done that....    Estimate on the RPM the engine spun up to?   When our M50 went at MIS, it was in the 8500-9000 range...  

The raw video footage shows the needle jumping to the 6 o'clock (or there about) position on the gauge. So let's say eleventy million RPMs. I am not sure, but my guess is closer to 10,000 actual RPM. 

Here's some video of the start of Sunday's race from all the way at the back of the field.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMiMqeDPDJc

A 60fps 6Mbps version is available here if anyone wants a nice high quality view of their car being passed :P

I'm working on another compilation video of all of our off track excursions.  It's going to take a couple of days though because there is, uh... ample source footage.

• Like 2